Canadians! Who's got their 950 XL?

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Just called MS Canada and they said they have not received it yet so it is not available in store at the moment. I'm guessing it will be tomorrow then.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Well that saves me a phone call today lol. But I walk past the store every day on the way home so it doesn't hurt to harass them again :smile:

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Well that saves me a phone call today lol. But I walk past the store every day on the way home so it doesn't hurt to harass them again :smile:
Please do, haha. Let me know if they have units in by today. I'll make the 20 minutes drive to Yorkdale after work if I have to xD.
Which location is your MS store again?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the continued updates guys, you eastern guys have a 3 hour head start on me hope I can know if I can go right at opening or not :grin:. Looks like at least 7 Canadians are signed up for the 950XL :wink:

Of course, the next problem is that there's only partial support for the bands on Bell, so I'm not sure how it'll work out. Might not be worth getting right away after all...

I bought a Latin American Lumia 930 knowing I only have LTE 2600 band support on Rogers for it, which is not even really officially supported but exists. But all the other lower bands were pretty standard, so calls and what not were generally fine everywhere however, my phone jumps in and out of LTE a lot because of the limited reach of that band... City Center is fine, suburbs less so.... I still ended up wishing I got a phone with the more common rogers LTE bands.

Welp, about to get that fixed tomorrow :smile:

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm by the Eaton Centre location. I highly doubt I'll find them in stores today but it would be a pleasant surprise. Staff seem to be pretty clueless as to when exactly they'll have them. Mind you, yesterday I did ask the newest girl in the store and she clearest wasn't the swiftest one on top of that.. She could only tell me they expected them tomorrow but had no idea when the stock would be in store for pick up. She says they receive shipments at random times throughout the day without knowing what is coming in or when it's coming.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the continued updates guys, you eastern guys have a 3 hour head start on me hope I can know if I can go right at opening or not :grin:. Looks like at least 7 Canadians are signed up for the 950XL :wink:

I bought a Latin American Lumia 930 knowing I only have LTE 2600 band support on Rogers for it, which is not even really officially supported but exists. But all the other lower bands were pretty standard, so calls and what not were generally fine everywhere however, my phone jumps in and out of LTE a lot because of the limited reach of that band... City Center is fine, suburbs less so.... I still ended up wishing I got a phone with the more common rogers LTE bands.

Welp, about to get that fixed tomorrow :smile:

Haha 7 is all we need! At least I know for a fact that I'll be the first of all my friends to get the best phone in the market right now! ;)

ale2999

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just got an email from the store that my 950XL is going to be ready for pick up tomorrow. As an FYI I preordered the phone in person back in October.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm by the Eaton Centre location. I highly doubt I'll find them in stores today but it would be a pleasant surprise. Staff seem to be pretty clueless as to when exactly they'll have them. Mind you, yesterday I did ask the newest girl in the store and she clearest wasn't the swiftest one on top of that.. She could only tell me they expected them tomorrow but had no idea when the stock would be in store for pick up. She says they receive shipments at random times throughout the day without knowing what is coming in or when it's coming.
For sure, the lady I called thought I was asking about the Lumia 550 at one point.
Also she said that the Nov 26 date is for U.S. for sure but she's unsure if it's the same for Canada since they haven't received the phones yet.
I find that really strange since it's literally one day away, they should KNOW by now.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got an email from the store that my 950XL is going to be ready for pick up tomorrow. As an FYI I preordered the phone in person back in October.

Was it from Microsoft or a sales person at the store? Either way that's great to have confirmation!

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Now to confuse things even further WPCentral just confirmed some stores are carrying them now and selling them now. Guess I will be stopping by there after all.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I just got a phone call from my store in Burnaby, BC.... Will be available first thing tomorrow morning. He made double sure to ask me whether I pre-ordered or not. They were actually calling me about my band2 size exchange, was waiting for mediums.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion