Canadians! Who's got their 950 XL?

Calydus

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Anybody managed to make their MMS work? I know it's a little bit off topic, but I'm Canadian, using it on Videotron, I can send MMS but can't receive it, and the carrier doesn't give any **** about it.

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Anybody managed to make their MMS work? I know it's a little bit off topic, but I'm Canadian, using it on Videotron, I can send MMS but can't receive it, and the carrier doesn't give any **** about it.

I'm wondering if this is a bug in Windows 10. Using Insider on my 1020, I lost ability for data and MMS... Got my new 950XL yesterday and everything works without a problem (including MMS).

Maybe try doing a hard reset?

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
One thing I did notice about Canada users...

The "English (Canada)" keyboard isn't available yet for download. Device just keeps reporting "Attention Required" and download fails. I know that installing Windows Insider fixes this, but I don't want to get on test builds, lol.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I did it! Unboxing time...! Finally :D
The store wasn't too busy at all haha, at least I got to try out the SP4 and Surface Book. Also picked up my Band 2, the pre-orders is taking too long to ship, so I might as well grab one while I'm there.

That sucks to hear about the old-gen charging plates not working. Either they didn't test it or they just want you to buy the new ones.

Lyndon Sanche

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I did it! Unboxing time...! Finally :D
The store wasn't too busy at all haha, at least I got to try out the SP4 and Surface Book. Also picked up my Band 2, the pre-orders is taking too long to ship, so I might as well grab one while I'm there.

That sucks to hear about the old-gen charging plates not working. Either they didn't test it or they just want you to buy the new ones.

What store?

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
LMAO! Just realized I only have a macro sim, not a nano sim! Stupid Lumia 920... haha. Uh I wonder if Rogers would be able to give me one right away.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
One thing I did notice about Canada users...

The "English (Canada)" keyboard isn't available yet for download. Device just keeps reporting "Attention Required" and download fails. I know that installing Windows Insider fixes this, but I don't want to get on test builds, lol.

Good to know insider fixes it, means it's coming soon I hope! Maybe that will get Hey Cortana going for us?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Works for me on Rogers

Did you initialize your phone with sim in? I know I had that problem before on my Lumia930... needed to make sure to start up a new phone with SIM in. Hard reset fixed it.

MobileGorilla

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up my white Lumia 950XL from the MS Store at Pacific Centre (Vancouver). The staff mentioned that the stock they have are only for the in-store preorders. The box I was given had a sticky with my name on it - phew!

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Calydus

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
yes I did... even with the "supposedly" correct apn settings it doesn't work... it's ALWAYS been the case with WP and my provider... I can send, but I CAN'T receive!!

Calydus

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if this is a bug in Windows 10. Using Insider on my 1020, I lost ability for data and MMS... Got my new 950XL yesterday and everything works without a problem (including MMS).

Maybe try doing a hard reset?
Seriously I opened the phone it was brand new I dont see the necessity to do that, A friend of mine is on the same provider has me and has the same issue.

LuvMeSomeWP

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm also using my old DT-903 wireless charging stand and it actually doesn't charge at all.

Mine charges fine with DT-903? The DT-903 is the lay-flat colourful models with the notification light. So charging is fine. But the NFC/Bluetooth pairing and also notification features don't work. Not until MS releases a new DeviceHub / drivers or something...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb