Canadians! Who's got their 950 XL?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
You guys have luck redeeming your free dock? I got the email with my code but it leads me to the microsoft store page for the dock and its not in stock lol. I logged in, then it showed in stock so I added it to the cart and went to check out. I put in my promo code but at the end it actually billed my credit card! WTF!

EDIT: Firefox seemed to be the issue. Tried redeeming through Edge and it worked. Weird.

Last edited:

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
You guys have luck redeeming your free dock? I got the email with my code but it leads me to the microsoft store page for the dock and its not in stock lol. I logged in, then it showed in stock so I added it to the cart and went to check out. I put in my promo code but at the end it actually billed my credit card! WTF!

It still says out of stock for me.

Calydus

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks but I'm stubborn like that... refused to switch from Alpha Cortana while on my lumia 930 haha

:( sorry... and sorry if it's repeat questions for you, but you HAVE to enter settings? Cause I don't do anything and everything is taken off the sim automatically and works.

LTE seems fine (I see Rogers L), inside my house, not downtown core area, 1-3 bars, just clocked a speedtest of 18.75mbps down and 8.32mbps up. Varies a lot from test to test it seems.

Display units don't know, not last night.

Lumia Offers app already on the phone. Update it, then go get the dock offer.

I did entered the settings manually, I always did ;) that's why I don't understand.

Calydus

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
That's an impossible question to answer. It's worth it if you ever need it, otherwise it's a waste of money.

Personally I always play the odds on things like this and the odds are in the retailer's favour so I (almost) always say no. If I had bought warranty on every tech item I'd ever bought I would've wasted a lot of money by now. The one time that I do break something it's still cheaper to replace that one item at full price than to buy warranty for every single item.

My only exception was the MS Band 2. The warranty on that was $39 (IIRC) and I figured with it swinging around on my wrist it might be more prone to damage, so I coughed up for that one.

You guys are lucky, there's no MS Store in quebec... and the only way to buy an MS Complete warranty is through a retail store :(

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

EDIT: Firefox seemed to be the issue. Tried redeeming through Edge and it worked. Weird.

First thing I did last night when I got the phone, was open up the Offers app and get a code. I was able to order the free dock (and yes I'm in Canada). I had a feeling they might run out of stock eventually, which is why I jumped on it.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I did entered the settings manually, I always did ;) that's why I don't understand.

I was actually asking you a question, stupid question maybe, but have you tried to just use mms right away without touching the settings?

I know that I used to worry about apn settings years ago cause I never got carrier phones, but then one day, one phone started pulling all the data correctly from sim without need to manually set up and I stopped worry about it.

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I was actually asking you a question, stupid question maybe, but have you tried to just use mms right away without touching the settings?

I know that I used to worry about apn settings years ago cause I never got carrier phones, but then one day, one phone started pulling all the data correctly from sim without need to manually set up and I stopped worry about it.

I was curious about that too, so I tried sending an MMS without touching the settings, and no workie. However, on my 1020, after installing the W10M preview version, MMS worked without any settings at all.

Calydus

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I was curious about that too, so I tried sending an MMS without touching the settings, and no workie. However, on my 1020, after installing the W10M preview version, MMS worked without any settings at all.

Yes I tried without changing the settings, with a various combination of settings too without any success... I can send but never receive.

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
They didn't have any accessories yet on Wednesday. What's in the Essentials Bundle here in Canada? Mind taking a pic? Do they have any cases at the store now? Perhaps a Mozo case??
This isn't the best picture, but will have to suffice. It includes the Icipio tempered glass screen protector, which is really nice. Comes with a little rubber cover that covers the back and edges. (You can upgrade to those Jack Spade ones if you pay the difference.) And also the 5800 mAh dual port USB battery back charger thing.CUxICf0UAAACZyW.jpg

EDIT: The case is the Icipio NGP. :) And we don't have the Mozo back plates... hoping soon though.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes I tried without changing the settings, with a various combination of settings too without any success... I can send but never receive.

another stupid question, tried to receive from different networks or always the same person or network trying send you? Like did you try it with someone else and different network?

I had a weird problem the past where I couldn't get mms to work with wife phone/network. Then one day it worked with someone else by fluke and eventually found it was my wife account issue and nothing wrong with me!

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
First thing I did last night when I got the phone, was open up the Offers app and get a code. I was able to order the free dock (and yes I'm in Canada). I had a feeling they might run out of stock eventually, which is why I jumped on it.

Woke up this morning to a shipment notification for my Lumia Display dock! :) It's on it's way!

Calydus

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

So this is screwed up, just tried with a Bell LTE Sim and it didn't work. Couldn't get any MMS either. Even entering the manual APN settings, or not, the Data works... but not the MMS... (I tried with both sims in, but Bell never worked). If used alone I do get signal, data, but can't get the stupid mms to work no matter what I do. Anybody had success with a Bell Sim?

enroh_mada

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
No store here in Winnipeg and ALWAYS the "email for more info" button on the XL page. *sigh* and that email has NEVER arrived and i have to depend on 3rd party sites to give me information on availability...*double sigh*

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss