Canadians! Who's got their 950 XL?

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Ya, I ran into the out of stock issue also, but keep checking several times a day. I only had to wait a day before they were in stock again.

You said you had to get your sim "cut"? What do you mean by that?

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a Bell sim as my second sim. Bell is essentially the same network as Telus so I think that may be the problem. I will find someone else who has a Rogers sim that I can try in the phone.
I'm pretty sure Bell 2G does not have support on the 950's, so that probably is the problem, Rogers is the only Canadian carrier I believe that will work as the 2nd sim running 2G on these phones.

Flavio76

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Ok, here is my situation... The XL saga... :)

I will be in Winnipeg on 15dec.
I do not live in Canada.
Online of almost impossible at Microsoft, since is always sold out.
Do I have any other chance of buying? I will stay 12 day in PEG.

DigitalZ

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
I'm pretty sure Bell 2G does not have support on the 950's, so that probably is the problem, Rogers is the only Canadian carrier I believe that will work as the 2nd sim running 2G on these phones.

I can confirm that as true now. I borrowed a Rogers sim from someone at work, plugged it in and fired up the phone and everything worked as expected. Calls came in on both sim's.

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Ok, here is my situation... The XL saga... :)

I will be in Winnipeg on 15dec.
I do not live in Canada.
Online of almost impossible at Microsoft, since is always sold out.
Do I have any other chance of buying? I will stay 12 day in PEG.

No MS store in the peg so you'll have to drive from Winnipeg to St.Paul Minnesota. Only an eight hour drive. Just be sure to call ahead.

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Not easy to be a fan....Will try to contact a store to see if they ship...

Ya, unfortunately these phones are hard to get. If you do get your hands on one however you will love it! They do of course ship for free from microsoftstore.ca but they're currently out of stock.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
BTW just a little update, I went with Koodo since they had the black Friday deal and popped in the Koodo sim and now my MMS is working perfectly on my L1520... Videotron needs to get their **** together, shoddy LTE signals and MMS problems and dropped calls it's any wonder they have customers

anon(8966963)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Anyone notice that you can't use two sims working on a different network frequency? One of the sims won't have reception example Koodo and Wind won't work

Last edited:

DigitalZ

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Anyone notice that you can't use two sims working on a different network frequency? One of the sims won't have reception example Koodo and Wind won't work

It depends on the combination of networks. Telus and Bell for instance don't work together but Telus or Bell paired with Rogers works fine if the Telus or Bell sim is set as the one with data.

anon(8966963)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
It depends on the combination of networks. Telus and Bell for instance don't work together but Telus or Bell paired with Rogers works fine if the Telus or Bell sim is set as the one with data.

I mean like telus 850 MHz and 1900 MHz frequencies while Wind network uses 1700/2100 MHz

Flavio76

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Any Canadian want to sell their Xl? ☺ Next week I will be in Winnipeg, and still could not order mine....i will have to wait months in my country to grab one XL .....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte