Non disclosure lifted so we must ge betting soon

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The videos are starting to come out I just got notification that the verge just uploaded the review for the 950 which usually means that these guys are about to ship because those Non Disclosure deals are lifted at the time the vendor begins to ship so we might have these on the 25th in the mail vs thing on black friday and what nots. Just my thoughts but about to run over there to watch this review on the 950 because what ever they give that we can almost assure that the XL will get maybe a point more or half a point since the only differences are liquid cooling larger display to speak of.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well they dissed the 950 pretty much here are some things I pulled from their site.

[h=6]GOOD STUFF[/h]
  • Sharp display
  • Fast performance
  • Reliable camera

[h=6]BAD STUFF[/h]
  • Price is too high for what it is
  • Cheap materials
  • Boring design
  • Weak app support

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
The AT&T 950 launches today, which is why the reviews are out (there's one from Dan here on WinCen). In the comments, Daniel said that a review for the xl would come next week, when devices started shipping.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
what more did you expect from the Verge?
Why did Tom not post his review for this?
I pretty much tuned out very quickly while reading this review...

Daniels review here on WC was very balanced and thorough and i think, so far, is the "go to " review - he isnt sugar coating the device but is providing an overall very comprehensive look at this from the perspective of the man on the street...
he also points out that he is confident this is the "flagship" phone until end of 2016 - so like someone in the news post pointed out, either the Surface phone is not coming til end 2016 or its not a flagship...

Reading Paul Thurott's first impression, he has some very nice low light photos... looking forward to his review also.

Zendroid1

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
So all the negatives were things that they could say are negative without ever having touched the phone? Nice way to review.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I'm not sure where they get "price is too high for what it is". Specs-wise it's the same as its competitors, of which several cost the same as, or more than the 950. Do they mean apps?

Anyway, we're getting a little off topic for being the 950 xl sub-forum. >_>

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure where they get "price is too high for what it is". Specs-wise it's the same as its competitors, of which several cost the same as, or more than the 950. Do they mean apps?

Anyway, we're getting a little off topic for being the 950 xl sub-forum. >_>

this is the xl forum but there is not much difference when it comes to build and functionality basics. I am hoping the 950XL does not have the same rating I posted this to give some sort of what we could possibly expect from a build quality review the phones run the same software feel free to correct me if am wrong as this will be my first windows phone since the days of the Lumia 920.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
not sure how they get the rating as 6.5; i averaged their 8 ratings and got 7.1 :) cant do math?
adding them up gives 57 / 8 ratings = 7.1

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
what more did you expect from the Verge?
Why did Tom not post his review for this?
I pretty much tuned out very quickly while reading this review...

Daniels review here on WC was very balanced and thorough and i think, so far, is the "go to " review - he isnt sugar coating the device but is providing an overall very comprehensive look at this from the perspective of the man on the street...
he also points out that he is confident this is the "flagship" phone until end of 2016 - so like someone in the news post pointed out, either the Surface phone is not coming til end 2016 or its not a flagship...

Reading Paul Thurott's first impression, he has some very nice low light photos... looking forward to his review also.

Thanks jmajid I will read Daniels I only saw Verges because youtube notified me when the review went live, I have not gotten any email notification from WindowsCentral that a review is up or any type of video so had no idea. I am about to read Daniels to see what his thoughts are. my main focus is on build quality, camera performance, and how continum works i would assume these will be almost the same as the XL just has the different processor , cooling , maybe more features I could be wrong but not by much. well off to read Daniels to give me some insight on what I could expect for the XL based the 950 review.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
While there were some parts I agree with, other parts are BS, for example, saying that the camera is slow even though from every hands on we've seen, it's blazing fast, he doesn't even show us the camera performance. He also didn't mention that you don't even need that $99 continuum dock. Continuum works wirelessly too.

Someone more informed like Tom Warren should have reviewed the phone but at the end of the day, the review is just somebody's opinion.

Zendroid1

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Oh and another thing that annoys me is anyone who says plastic is junk and metal/glass/aluminum is premium. Some of the best things in the world are made of plastic.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
my main focus is on build quality, camera performance, and how continum works
Dan says it's the best camera on a smartphone. :D
Oh and another thing that annoys me is anyone who says plastic is junk and metal/glass/aluminum is premium. Some of the best things in the world are made of plastic.
I like that Dan specifically says that the device is sturdy enough that it doesn't feel like it needs a case. I like that. I'm buying a super thin phone. Why would I want to hide that with a case that makes it bulkier?

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
have just seen some of Tom Warrens tweets - he's also of the opinion that platic phones are and i quote here
"Ugh. Plastic phone "

well - so much for that...
i dont agree - have held the 950 - felt very nice to me and i have used and owned metal phones and polycarbonate phones both Nokia/Microsoft and Apple....

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Just don't read the arstechica review..... But to be honest, the phone isn't anything special compared to what's available on other platforms and I think that's what the reviews reflect.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Just don't read the arstechica review..... But to be honest, the phone isn't anything special compared to what's available on other platforms and I think that's what the reviews reflect.

thats just typical DrPizza - says he covers Microsoft but is very abrasive everytime i read or listen to anything he has had his hand in....

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The usual, can't use Google services, Snapchat... so apps yes and that it's just a slab of boring plastic. Because they want the design of their phones to look exciting!! Fresh!! Right up until the point they put their favorite Pokemon case on it:

pokemon case small.jpg

oh and then there's this tweet by the writer to further anger WP users.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786