Pictures + Videos Taken With My Lumia 950 XL

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
My first decent low light shot :smile:
Taken with manual settings: 1/5 seconds, ISO-100, -1.3 step

https://kzmoqa.dm2302.livefilestore...gw1OlYivU/WP_20151206_17_04_30_Pro.jpg?psid=1

For comparison this how it looks full auto

https://kzmoqa.dm2302.livefilestore...ZrFM7yqz4/WP_20151206_17_03_59_Pro.jpg?psid=1

First impression was same like it was when i took first shots with Lumia 920. This camera turns night in to day :evil: Lots of room to shoot lower ISO settings to improve image quality. Need to experiment more to unleash full potential from camera.

Last edited:

Zarnywoop

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
No motion at all

I think he meant, was there movement in the scene. If there is no movement, it doesn't capture the living image. However, to see the living image in motion, you need to use the shortcut to the gallery via the camera app. If you go direct to the gallery via the photo app then it doesn't play (or that was how it was in Windows Phone 8 and I think its the same in 10).

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I think he meant, was there movement in the scene. If there is no movement, it doesn't capture the living image. However, to see the living image in motion, you need to use the shortcut to the gallery via the camera app. If you go direct to the gallery via the photo app then it doesn't play (or that was how it was in Windows Phone 8 and I think its the same in 10).
Living Images is baked into the latest Photos app on W10m. More likely than not they just don't have enough motion in the photo. Or perhaps the photo hasn't finished processing.

anon(8966963)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site

Sorry about that... Yes there is a person walking in the picture

onetwright

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Was the shot 1 of a few in succession? When I was playing with it at the MS store, I took photos of people walking by the store. If I took a few in a row, only the 1st one had the living image.

anon(8966963)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
When taking a picture with Windows Camera not all the pictures get saved with the location info... Even though I have it enabled.... Has anyone else noticed?

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
While I have seen some great photos posted in this thread I must admit I am getting a little worried about the quality of the videos I am seeing on YouTube. Not seen one that I would call fantastic and this is a worry my sons Lumia 730 has just as good a video from what I can see. Most look way overexposed that I have seen. Hope I am not disappointed with my new 950 Xl. Unfortunately still have 9 days till I can get my hands on the one waiting for me.

A_Pieman

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Just tried the camera out, thought it wasn't working as there wasn't the usual pause that I am used to with my 920 (8.1). Tried several times to get it to work, then checked my camera roll to find that it was working perfectly and I had 10 shots of my desk :)

Very impressed with the speed.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
While I have seen some great photos posted in this thread I must admit I am getting a little worried about the quality of the videos I am seeing on YouTube. Not seen one that I would call fantastic and this is a worry my sons Lumia 730 has just as good a video from what I can see. Most look way overexposed that I have seen. Hope I am not disappointed with my new 950 Xl. Unfortunately still have 9 days till I can get my hands on the one waiting for me.

Keep in mind if you are not watching the video at its highest resolution on a monitor that supports it, you are seeing a compressed version of the video, and YouTube's compression algorithms aren't the best in the world.

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
You'd have to overlight the subject (since there's no manual iris control) with my key light and fill light. This causes the iris to tighten, letting in less light. That, in turn, widens your depth of field. That's how you get the tack-sharp subject that close to the lens. Next, it looks like they moved the backlight to frame right, so she doesn't have a glowing halo. It's more natural. You MIGHT be able to get all of this in direct sunlight with a bounce too. Anyway, after that, take the DNG file and run it through a post-process debayer in camera raw. Then I'd use a 3rd party filter (which I don't know the name of, off hand) to generate a black and white on the green-only photosites. This would be my luma mask. I'd then use bicubic for a 1:2 scale-down. You'll get a sharper 16MP than you will 32MP. Overlay the luma mask and do your final touches. I don't think I could get it out of the camera directly. But with some post, I'm sure I could.

I've been thinking about this for a few days now and I still can't wrap this in my head haha. I'll try again once I'm done with finals lol

Con Georgiadis

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

This is a 4k video i shoot with Lumia 950...check it out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpm8BNCgk6k

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster