Msg for AT&T about your packaging of the 950

mikestu

May 28, 2014
Visit site
This has been bugging me, and I hope someone at AT&T ends up reading this. I got my 950 in the mail, opened it up, and it had the phone, cables, a new sim card, and some attempt at "help" pamphlets. There was ZERO information on what people are supposed to do, in order to get up and running - seriously. Luckily, I knew to pop off the back, put the SIM card and battery in, put the back on again, and power it up. How many people out there (like...my mom) would have NO idea. You know what they would have to do? They would have to go take the phone into a physical store, and ask a sales rep to set it up for them. I really hope that wasn't the point too...to get some people in the store to sell more accessories. So then I get in there and get it running, but it's not on the AT&T network. Again, there is ZERO information in the box on how to activate my new SIM card. I clicked around in my account for 15 minutes before FINALLY finding a link on my order that I could click to activate it. AT&T - you really need to include some better information in the box! Of course, my wife was like "I didn't have to do all this with my iPhone." Yeah...not what I want to hear as a Microsoft supporter.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
To be fair - I'd guess 95% of people buy their phones in the store - and the staff there will set it up for them.

Those like you (or I) who order their phone off the internet and have it delivered *should* know how to setup a phone..

Either way, yeah... more direction wouldn't hurt...

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I agree. At the very least, I expected some instructions no how to open the phone. The best part was AT&T directing me to a website that doesn't yet list the Lumia 950.

I couldn't find any info online about how to open the phone. I didn't want to risk damaging something trying to get the shell off, but eventually figured it out.

I have to imagine that Microsoft's own documentation would include those instructions. But this is the same old pathetic AT&T that tosses that stuff for their own useless junk. This seems like a big oversight on everyone's part.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos