Just got my Lumia 950 yesterday. Does it have double-tab to unlock?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I set up my glance screen with no problem. However, when I try to double-tap to wake up the phone it doesn't work. There's probably a setting that I need to access but I haven't found it yet. I think it's odd that it would be off by default.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
The whole ATT version of the 950 plus unlocked variant is weird to me. For full price buyers there is absolutely no incentive to go with the ATT version unless you want a contract or the NEXT plan because the unlocked version is less and can work on any other GSM network. Not to mention direct updates and no carrier branding.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
In world where only once carrier could carry a 950, the entire Lumia 950 & 950 XL situation would actually be a lot more beautiful if Verizon was that carrier and Microsoft offered a monthly installment plan for the unlocked 950 & 950 XL to make up for people who want to use it on ATT & can't buy full price all at once (users who would go with the NEXT plan).

This way the phone is available to all gsm carriers plus the largest U.S carrier often referred to as "Big Red" without AT&T users being forced to pay one way. Although this all would require interested 950 buyers not too tech knowledgeable to wise up on unlocked phones, installment plans, sim cards, etc. rather than just going to the ATT store and looking for what's the latest & greatest.

But these devices are "for the fans" anyway after all, aren't they? The complicated way Lumia carrier set ups have been over the years makes me want to assume that the Lumia users that remain in the U.S are probably mostly "the fans" anyway unless they are folks inly on Windows for the low priced phones in which case they probably wouldn't buy the 950 anyway. So my proposed scenario really wouldn't push any users away other than people who weren't going to buy these phones anyway.

Not saying this was at all a possible option for MS as Verizon probably has never wanted anything to do with these phones in the first place. So Just a thought...

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
It's an app that you download that gives you links to system apps, and other OEM apps, that are usually difficult to find on your own.

Try it out, and look for "Touch" to see if the Lumia 950 can download it or not.

I checked it out, and the only ones that would open link to the apps already on the device. The only setting under display is vibrate on call answer.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Tried that but SysApp Pusher only opens the very basic and really barebones Touch Settings that comes installed on the 950xl. Good idea though.

Yeah, that was one of the first things I tried too when my XL came in, still a bummer even if it was a good idea. Oddly though, tried getting Gland Background and when I open the app, it says "!Failed to initialize Glance," even more of a bummer.

stephanejap

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, that was one of the first things I tried too when my XL came in, still a bummer even if it was a good idea. Oddly though, tried getting Gland Background and when I open the app, it says "!Failed to initialize Glance," even more of a bummer.

Glance did the same thing to me, but after a restart (I think) it worked and is still working...

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The whole ATT version of the 950 plus unlocked variant is weird to me. For full price buyers there is absolutely no incentive to go with the ATT version unless you want a contract or the NEXT plan because the unlocked version is less and can work on any other GSM network. Not to mention direct updates and no carrier branding.
If your on ATT the att version will support things like wifi calling and other things on att's network.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon