Lumia 950 price

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
That's AT&T's pricing. The unlocked version will be the previously announced $549. The unlocked version goes on sale next Thursday, at which time AT&T is going to look pretty silly. Of course people will still buy it, because they don't plan ahead and save up to buy their phones outright.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
This is the first time I have ever seen a unlocked phone cheaper than a locked one.That is just unheard of. But then considering its Microsoft and AT&T I can believe it.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
This is the first time I have ever seen a unlocked phone cheaper than a locked one.That is just unheard of. But then considering its Microsoft and AT&T I can believe it.
Yep. I think AT&T took the "these are just for disciples" to heart and figured those would pay more than the usual mark up. Plus people too poor to pay up front (or don't understand the cost over time) have no other option than AT&T in the US. Well played AT&T!

Carrier phones are normally cheaper than unlocked because a locked phone means a steady income from the service. In other words they make more money in the long run selling a locked phone for less.

If this works, carriers will probably start raising prices on more phones. I mean, the cost of an item has little impact on selling prices. A business will charge whatever the buying public will pay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon