Red Light / Pixel

imstymied

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Last night when I added my memory card an booted the phone there was red flash on the left upper corner of the screen. It is not noticeable in a daylight setting only in low light. I went to the ATT store and asked to see if the demo models did the same. All 3 did.

Anyone know what is or could be?

I've searched and could not find an answer.

Thanks

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I also noticed that thing in my Lumia 1020 and my sister's Lumia 535, just after restarting. I don't what it is (although it reminiscent of how Windows 98 PCs would display a white blinking cursor while booting up, along with some white piece of text), but if it isn't impeding with any functionality of the phone, then it is nothing to worry about.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
My 950 does this too when powering up. It's more of a purplish light for me, but it goes away when the MS logo pops up. No clue what it's for.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

imstymied

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
It could be purple and it is only on start up. Had it not been dark I never would have noticed it. I don't see it on the 920,830,520, 635 or 640 that I have. Its not a problem just one of those "what the hatie was that" moments.
I thought maybe I had a bad screen but since all of the 950's I have seen do it must be normal.

Thoughts -

Hraklara

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
I asked my teacher and told me if it is purple and you check that it is not a dead pixel then it means that the new update of Windows 10 may cause it . It's like booting for power on (reading) like the dash for opening up the BIOS .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos