Lumia 950 Messaging Notifications not working

BSiegel1

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Seem to have an issue with my new 950 where incoming text messages are not notifying via sound. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

jtzako

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting the sound when texts come in. Did you have any custom texting sounds on your previous phone (assuming it was a windows phone) that maybe didn't transfer properly?

TheGerg

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issues. I've checked every setting on my Lumia 950 known to man. I've tried my own ringtones and ones that were already on the phone. I get no notifications.

rayray_999

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
I think I have finally found the bug. It seems that if I use the power button, or use any of the buttons on the phone to silence the audible notification, the sound notification for everything will go away.
The crappy part is that I have to delete all of my alarms, and reset everything (the phone as well with volume down+power button) to get it to work again. But is working correctly now, as long as I remember to touch the scree - not the buttons ....
All other setting that folks have written about also have to be in place (ie: notification banners, etc) - However, I am able to use different ring-tones doing it this way ...

pralhad phadnis

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
Seem to have an issue with my new 950 where incoming text messages are not notifying via sound. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

I had the same problem. Solution: go to Settings - in search bar on the top, type ' Background apps'. In the Background apps page, enable background apps. You can select what apps you would like to activate to run in background. Voila

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre