Bank apps compatible with Lumia 950?

douggrif

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
I have pre-ordered the Lumia 950XL. This phone will be used in addition to my Samsung Note 4. I currently use an Arvest banking app which is designed for iPhone and Android. But I would think I might be able to access banking apps via Continuum as my Arvest banking app is compatible with Windows 10. Anyone else with the same concern?

(Update) Thanks to another Windows Central forum I found out all I had to do was pin the web address. So simple. Loving discovering new ways to do things in what I think is the best overall operating system, Windows 10 mobile.

Last edited:

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
Chase and B of A both pulled their apps months ago and they have not returned :/ To make it worse, their mobile sites are horribly not compatible with the new mobile
Edge browser, in either mode.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
After talking with some people and other reasons, I think B OF A is having financial troubles and that is why they pulled there app. Trying to save every dime and prevent a collapse. I was told to move my money from the bank.

bugelrex

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
A lot of the app gap complaints would go away if banks supported WP. Its basically the "mobile check deposit" which can't be replicated by browser, desktop or laptop easily. MS should offer free development to the top 10 banks in each country...

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
A lot of the app gap complaints would go away if banks supported WP. Its basically the "mobile check deposit" which can't be replicated by browser, desktop or laptop easily. MS should offer free development to the top 10 banks in each country...

While I think MS needs to do something in this area, I doubt that they will even though it would be much simpler than developing a new program. As long as the bank has a program for IOS, they can recompile it for WP as soon as the tools are finalized. That would be a pretty trivial amount of work.

Here's hoping!

dgurvits

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
After talking with some people and other reasons, I think B OF A is having financial troubles and that is why they pulled there app. Trying to save every dime and prevent a collapse. I was told to move my money from the bank.

Say what?

You do know that they had the app..the fact that they had the app and pulled it states clearly that there was no demand for the app

Once an app is live, more or less upkeep and infrequent updates are minimal investments, especially banks.

bugelrex

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
While I think MS needs to do something in this area, I doubt that they will even though it would be much simpler than developing a new program. As long as the bank has a program for IOS, they can recompile it for WP as soon as the tools are finalized. That would be a pretty trivial amount of work.

Here's hoping!

Unfortunately with 'financial' applications, especially ones dealing with 'real' money.. there is ZERO chance they would simply recompile for WP and let it go. A separate group with first have to certify tool is 'safe' from exploits which could take several months. A recompile would have to be rigorously tested as much as the ios/android version.. yet more months and many resources needed :(

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Say what?

You do know that they had the app..the fact that they had the app and pulled it states clearly that there was no demand for the app

Once an app is live, more or less upkeep and infrequent updates are minimal investments, especially banks.

It does cost money, even if it is minimal. When I first got out of college I work a job where we would analyze hospital financials. One of the things we learned is that companies doing poorly, start cutting specific type of services. When examining companies, when they are cutting services, it can mean they are having trouble. Yes, there was less demand for the WP app, but there was demand. With the other information and what I have heard and other issues that BofA has had, they are saving every dime they can. Even without the app being cut, it appears BofA could be in trouble.

Terpfen

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Just curious if any one has tried the Wells Fargo app or web page on the Lumia 950.

The app will only let me enter either the user name or password. When I start the app, which ever I choose first, the other stay grayed out and un-selectable.

The web site on Edge give me the message "wf.com is no longer available on this devise..."

Just curious if this was a global problem or something specifically wacky with my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans