$39.00 Lumia 640 Microsoft deal!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I followed the steps, except... I did turn it on briefly w/the provided sim, doh! This was before I read about unlocking it. Probably not on more than 2 or 3 minutes. Hopefully that didn't mess things up. Guess I'll find out if/when I get a code.

I was able to successfully unlock both of these "go phones" from atnt.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine from the MS Store for yes... $39. I'm presently please win it actually coming a 1520. Very light... but like a I'm com my from 1520. It's charging up so I can put TP on this baby
Thats available with Best Buy online for 29.99

Bob Hanson

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
The Microsoft site lists Band 12 support. Everything I have read about the AT&T branded phone suggests that AT&T disabled Band 12 support on its ROM. I just ordered from Best Buy but I'll pay $10 more if the phone from Microsoft does not contain the AT&T ROM. So does anyone know if the phone via Microsoft will support Band 12 for T-Mobile?

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
WTF!

Even though I don't need a phone, I thought I'd check the UK store as it would be worth getting, if it was the same deal (obviously not on AT&T), it would work out about ?25.

They have a Black Friday deal......but it's ?110.49 :angry:

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I know BB has this for $10 less right now, but if it makes a difference to anyone - I ordered this from MS on a Monday, chose free shipping, and got it on Wednesday. BB currently estimates free shipping deliveries on Dec 10 (9 business days). YMMV, of course. I'm not sure what BB charges for express shipping. I'm in CA, FWIW.

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Hmm - guess I was one of the first who placed an order with BB after the BF pricing went live. My order for three 640's was placed on Nov 25th @ 10:42pm and delivery to me here in Northern California is expected to be on Tuesday Dec. 1st.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hmm - guess I was one of the first who placed an order with BB after the BF pricing went live. My order for three 640's was placed on Nov 25th @ 10:42pm and delivery to me here in Northern California is expected to be on Tuesday Dec. 1st.
Nice! I got an email today saying that it was shipped (I ordered yesterday). I think you are probably just ahead of the pack.

By the way, when I checked earlier, it was out of stock but it's back in stock now :grin:

Marc Guillet

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
The Microsoft site lists Band 12 support. Everything I have read about the AT&T branded phone suggests that AT&T disabled Band 12 support on its ROM. I just ordered from Best Buy but I'll pay $10 more if the phone from Microsoft does not contain the AT&T ROM. So does anyone know if the phone via Microsoft will support Band 12 for T-Mobile?

I purchased the phone from the MS store last week. $39.00. I removed the sim from the phone when I received it. Went to the AT&T unlock website. Clicked not an AT&T customer. Put my info in. The IMEI #. Received confirmation. 3 days later I unlocked the phone from the dial pas. #7820##. Input the code and aim unlocked. Reading the package insert I shows LTE band 12 is in use on the handset. I places my T-Mobile sim in the phone. Went to the T-Mobile site and changed my phone to the 640. I can confirm visual voicemail and LTE band 12 is working. Download speeds approaching 60mbs. I was astonished with the speed. My 925 peaked out at 25mps. Very happy I made the purchase. Quality device and a fantastic price.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaceot

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Band 12 is not listed as active on the phone itself right? so you guys are just basing this on your download speed?

Marc Guillet

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
WIN_20151129_192826.JPG
Band 12 is not listed as active on the phone itself right? so you guys are just basing this on your download speed?

It is listed in the product safety guide. I attached a snap shot. Also listed on the MS product info page. There are two versions. Look for LTE band 12. The $39 linked here has LTE band 12 listed. T-Mobile in my area has the advanced LTE band. My 925 does not have band 12.

See 12 and 17? Full compatibility with T-Mobile advanced LTE

Last edited by a moderator:

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm that at the physical Best Buy near me, people don't go looking for Windows phones and there was no danger of running out. They had, literally, a couple of huge garbage bins full of them.

It was actually more like $35 once they scanned it, added tax and some bogus "911" fee.

Still waiting on the unlock code though it was late Friday evening when I submitted the request.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I can confirm that at the physical Best Buy near me, people don't go looking for Windows phones and there was no danger of running out. They had, literally, a couple of huge garbage bins full of them.

It was actually more like $35 once they scanned it, added tax and some bogus "911" fee.

Still waiting on the unlock code though it was late Friday evening when I submitted the request.

I'm on vacation in Boston and wanted to pick one up for my brother for Christmas. I went to the local BB and they were all sold out. I waited around to ask someone if they had more, but it was a mad house there (this was on Saturday) and got sick of waiting. I ended up buying one off of MS's site.

He has a 635 right now and I'm hoping this will be a good upgrade for him.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You can unlock it for FREE, and many people have reported that this particular AT&T Lumia 640 works in many countries outside the US, and I've done it myself!

Here is the screenshot of the procedures to get free unlock code from AT&T - the exact same procedures that I and hundreds (if not thousands) of people have gone through and successfully gotten the code for FREE!
OK, I was able to unlock it based on this process. Thanks, man! My 640 is now on T-Mobile.

It's funny, AT&T sent me a msg over the wknd saying my request needed "further investigation." I thought it wasn't going to happen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo