$39.00 Lumia 640 Microsoft deal!

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Oh I hopped on this. Wasn't even an option. I had to use my old 520 as a phone to hold me over (was waiting on insurance replacement), and that was HELL. This will be the same concept, maybe a weekend device

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
OK, I was able to unlock it based on this process. Thanks, man! My 640 is now on T-Mobile.

It's funny, AT&T sent me a msg over the wknd saying my request needed "further investigation." I thought it wasn't going to happen.

I got that message from AT&T over the weekend, too, but still no unlock code. I'm beginning to doubt that they're going to give it to me. You give me a little hope, though. I want it as a backup phone.

MaryJane197

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I already activated mine on my contract account. I'm wondering if they will unlock mine. I'm going to the UK in February so I would like a unlocked phone. ATT said they have a cheap International package I could buy for cheap but I'm afraid to believe that it wont run up my bill. They've lied to me alot.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I already activated mine on my contract account. I'm wondering if they will unlock mine. I'm going to the UK in February so I would like a unlocked phone. ATT said they have a cheap International package I could buy for cheap but I'm afraid to believe that it wont run up my bill. They've lied to me alot.

If you tell them that you are traveling, they kind of have no choice but to do it. I think it will work in your favor that you are not a new customer. Good luck.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

I had a 640 AT&Tgophone on one of my 9 lines with AT&T for about 2 months. My phone swapping addiction caused me to remove it for another device. Before I did, I requested an unlock from AT&T and it was granted within a day or two.

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Hmm - guess I was one of the first who placed an order with BB after the BF pricing went live. My order for three 640's was placed on Nov 25th @ 10:42pm and delivery to me here in Northern California is expected to be on Tuesday Dec. 1st.

ARRRGHHHHH!!!

I so hate UPS SurePost shipping - was supposed to get my phones today and now I see they've changed the "expected" delivery date to tomorrow. I can't wait to retire my old L520!

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
ARRRGHHHHH!!!

I so hate UPS SurePost shipping - was supposed to get my phones today and now I see they've changed the "expected" delivery date to tomorrow. I can't wait to retire my old L520!

I feel your pain!! Had a 521 with broken volume rocker and waiting for my 640 felt like an eternity.

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Success!

Saw UPS had handed off my package to my Post Office so I called over to see if I could pop in a pick it up rather than wait for them to deliver it tomorrow. YES - will have my new phones in about 15 minutes!

MaryJane197

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Ive only had my contract for 4 months. I had USCC before ATT. But ive called in multiple times and asked them about traveling to the UK.

MaryJane197

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Good luck with that. Before I knew that AT&T method would work, I bought a code on eBay for $1.99. I got it a day after AT&T gave it to me. Same code.

They already responded to me with a big fat NO lol. Said i havent had my contract long enough. Oh well. Im going to look on ebay for that unlock code.....

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! I used him to get my code. How did it take to get your code? If this dont work when I get my new Blu phone tomorrow I will swap my 640 off of my contract and try the other way to unlock it.
I bought it the day before Thanksgiving and got it Monday. While waiting, he sent me a couple messages to update the status and ensure me it was being worked on. Seems like an honest and genuine guy.

ntice_521

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I got the unlock code from AT&T on Tuesday (requested Friday). I didn't open the package so I could easily return it if AT&T wouldn't unlock it. All you need is the IMEI code which is on the outside of the box.

Bob Hanson

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I received my unlock codes for the 3 phones I purchased at Best Buy. I used Field Test to view the active bands in the phone and Band 12 is not listed. :( So I believe the previous info that I had read saying that AT&T disabled Band 12.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb