$39.00 Lumia 640 Microsoft deal!

charktorious

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Tried to digest pretty much everything I could find on the AT&T 640 firmware lockdown (here and on XDA) and I'm still 50/50 on whether this thing will ever be debranded. I honestly don't know.

As I understand it, the AT&T firmware is the latest "v8" firmware in existence (02177.00000.15184.36016). And given that pretty much every other carrier isn't selling the phone anymore, I don't how any of them will get an update to use as a baseline for the Phone SDK, to force an update off the AT&T firmware. Should be interesting however to see what happens if v10 FFU's are eventually released...will the only carrrier to get the "official" update be AT&T?

I actually considered a TMo version care of FleaBay, but the few that are out there are selling upwards of USD $125 now so I've pretty much given up on that (especially since the phone is effectively dead to Tmo). I suppose I can eat the $40 I paid for this BF deal and use it in its crippled form as it's still a decent phone for that price. And it was interesting crash-course on Windows Phone firmware tricks and tips, that's for sure.

ombreman

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I took a risk and ordered this phone - - i unlocked it from AT&T using their webpage and turn it on in Europe. Yes, it is working with no problems here. So very good deal for 50$ compare to the pricetag 200 ? here. It is a LTE version - 3G is working ok, but i dont have a clue about LTE, because my operator does not support it yet. :)

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
deal looks to have expired now. back to $59

yes, for black friday it was at $40, few days after black friday it was back to $60, then after some weeks I saw it going down to $50 and again back to $60.
But of course, it is still cheap compared to any other cheap android phone, it's so easy to unlock it with AT&T it ends up being one of the best deal, especially since Windows 10 runs really nice and smooth with it. the only thing I complain it's about the camera, it works better on 8.1 and that's why I am back to it... but I hope that Microsoft fixes Camera app and maybe with firmware update and official release for 640 everything would be better, but with W10M, the 640 is really one of the best deals around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb