How do I enable SMS delivery confirmation?

barber76

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
SMS delivery confirmation - help needed

640 is unlocked ATT GoPhone. My current provider is Walmart Family Mobile. Can't figure out how to enable SMS delivery confirmation.
The only settings in "messaging" I see are:

"text message backup" - switched to OFF
"Download messages from [time]" - inactive because prev. option is OFF
"Group text" - OFF
"SMS center number" - which is correct
"emergency alerts"
that's it, from top to bottom, nothing more.

Thanks for your help.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: SMS delivery confirmation - help needed

640 is unlocked ATT GoPhone. My current provider is Walmart Family Mobile. Can't figure out how to enable SMS delivery confirmation.
The only settings in "messaging" I see are:

"text message backup" - switched to OFF
"Download messages from [time]" - inactive because prev. option is OFF
"Group text" - OFF
"SMS center number" - which is correct
"emergency alerts"
that's it, from top to bottom, nothing more.

Thanks for your help.
Settings > System > Messaging > Sim > Sim Name > SMS Delivery Confirmation. This is visible in a dual sim phone on Windows 10 Insider latest preview. May be AT&T blocked some of those options if you are not seeing it there.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Do you have the latest update? The settings are in the same place as the other ones you shared or Messaging->...->settings

Right under Download message from [time], you have SMS delivery confirmation and the option to turn it on or off. Under it, you have MMS delivery confirmation too, with the same option.

barber76

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Settings > System > Messaging > Sim > Sim Name > SMS Delivery Confirmation. This is visible in a dual sim phone on Windows 10 Insider latest preview. May be AT&T blocked some of those options if you are not seeing it there.

Nope, I don't have it. Namely, no "Sim" option in messaging app. But mine 640 is different from yours - single-sim on WP8.1.Update 2.

barber76

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Do you have the latest update? The settings are in the same place as the other ones you shared or Messaging->...->settings

Right under Download message from [time], you have SMS delivery confirmation and the option to turn it on or off. Under it, you have MMS delivery confirmation too, with the same option.
I searched the forum before asking, and I know where SMS delivery confirmation option MUST be. :) But I don't have it. Really, below "Download message from" I have "Group text and "SMS center number", that's it...
I'm on Firmware 02177.00000.15184.36016,
Denim, WP 8.1. update 2.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I searched the forum before asking, and I know where SMS delivery confirmation option MUST be. :) But I don't have it. Really, below "Download message from" I have "Group text and "SMS center number", that's it...
I'm on Firmware 02177.00000.15184.36016,
Denim, WP 8.1. update 2.
Hmm, that's interesting. I have the T-Mobile variant of the 640, and I would have never guessed this would be different. In that case, I'm sorry and I hope someone can relate or at least help.

barber76

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Just in case, after the unlock I uninstalled a few "ATT-*" branded apps. But I really doubt it could lead to a problem.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Just in case, after the unlock I uninstalled a few "ATT-*" branded apps. But I really doubt it could lead to a problem.
That might not. But if they have blocked this setting, unlocking phone would not have enabled it.

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I just posted a request for this very same issue. No SMS delivery notification on my ATT branded but unlocked Lumia 640. Using Lycamobile (TMo MVNO) sim card. Works fine on my Lumia 521. The toggle just isn't there under message/settings.
Did you ever come up with a solution?

barber76

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I just posted a request for this very same issue. No SMS delivery notification on my ATT branded but unlocked Lumia 640. Using Lycamobile (TMo MVNO) sim card. Works fine on my Lumia 521. The toggle just isn't there under message/settings.
Did you ever come up with a solution?

Nope. As I understood from the thread, there is no solution. I also confirmed that absence of delivery notifications is common for all ATT unbranded 640's. Most of people do not care, though, and do not consider it an issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte