Amazon Fire Stick and Continuum

bearcat747

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
So, I liked the simple Miracast feature that my former Icon had. There were some TV network apps that casted well. I attempted to connect to my Firestick last night and I could not get it to mirror my phone after 3 hours of trying (yes I tried the Mirror what is on my device setting). The closest I came was it mirrored my phone for a second then froze. Subsequent attempts only occasionally got me sound and a blank phone and TV screen. Oh, and it only took up the middle half of my HD TV. Doesn't Continuum cast in 4k?

Has anybody else attempted this with any success?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Continuum casts in 1080p regardless if it wired or wireless.

Also miracast is like bluetooth when it comes to standards..... it works, but some combinations may not. Also, the FireTV stick is quite possibly the worst casting device I own, and I have a netgear ptv3000, MS HD-10, xbox one and access to a MS miracast dongle. I had to wait for amazon to update it for my Surface pro to work previously, and even that is horrible on the firetv stick.

Last edited:

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Continuum casts in 1080p regardless if it wired or wireless.

Also miracast is like bluetooth when it comes to standards..... it works, but some combinations may not. Also, the FireTV stick is quite possible the work casting device I own, and I have a netgear ptv3000, MS HD-10, xbox one and access to a MS miracast dongle. I had to wait for amazon to update it for my Surface pro to work previously, and even that is horrible on the firetv stick.

Yeah I'll second the firestick-bad comment for casting. It's gotten better, but it's still pretty flaky. One exception..it works perfectly with my kindle fire (go figure).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos