L950 sound output

Maluta_Shatalov

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi! Owners, tell me what is the volume in the earphones, as compared to L1520 and iPhone 6.
In L1520 the output is very quiet compared to the iPhone.

Transport3r

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Seems the same as my Nexus 5 to me. Last iPhone I had was a 4, it's similar to that too.
the Headphone volume is what you'd expect, not crazy loud or quiet.

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
unscientific test. On my 950 if I plug in my cheap sony headphones and put the volume all the way up I cant keep my headphones on due to it being very loud. Like I said quick unscientific test with cheap headphones.

Maluta_Shatalov

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
unscientific test. On my 950 if I plug in my cheap sony headphones and put the volume all the way up I cant keep my headphones on due to it being very loud. Like I said quick unscientific test with cheap headphones.
My Marshall Mode EQ excellent earphones, but my wife's iPhone 6 and iPad 2 sound much louder and more powerful than my L1520 with it. I often listen to music, and for me, this parameter is very important. Pre-order 950 XL, I hope the situation there will be better ...

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, I just compared the output from my 1020 and 950. Both are rear-firing and both are plenty loud, with 1020's output at 30 being slightly louder. Both play without significant distortion at their highest levels. I compared their headphone outputs using four devices: 1) cheap earbuds (from my Samsung Focus), 2) Sony EX500LP earbuds, 3) Sony 7506 headphones, and 4) Sennheiser HD598 headphones. All devices sounded lightly, but clearly better with the 950. By "better", I mean that the sounds were mellower, truer, and with better soundstages -the distinctions were increasingly detectable with devices 2-4. I also compared the outputs in two cars with quality multi-speaker systems, but the volume and sound distinctions were less evident. The comparisons included several female vocals, jazz trios, and Latin sounds; other jazz instrumentals; classic piano and violin, Credence, and Black Eyed Peas. The 950 is definitely a keeper on these "measures".

Except for loudness, all comparisons are highly subjective, and some distinctions were barely or not-at-all evident with many tracks. Still, virtually all clearer distinctions favored the 950.

Enjoy the music, regardless.