Ordering Lumia 950 Unlocked - Simply pathetic !!

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
As title says. US MS Store shows "Ships By November 25" on the device details page, but cant order yet!! If you try to reach out MS Store, reps will say that pre-orders are done and its no more available for order. And with that they are not sure when did its pre-order started actually. At least 2 MS stores around my place never accepted a pre-order for this when they took for 950XL !! On call / online support reps are just poor chaps with no knowledge of store inventory. So all in all if someone want to order an unlocked one, MS has made it more than difficult for them.

Nice that they said during the release itself that these phones are aimed towards WP fans, else god knows who would wait with such pathetic order system to get this phone!!

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
As title says. US MS Store shows "Ships By November 25" on the device details page, but cant order yet!! If you try to reach out MS Store, reps will say that pre-orders are done and its no more available for order. And with that they are not sure when did its pre-order started actually. At least 2 MS stores around my place never accepted a pre-order for this when they took for 950XL !! On call / online support reps are just poor chaps with no knowledge of store inventory. So all in all if someone want to order an unlocked one, MS has made it more than difficult for them.

Nice that they said during the release itself that these phones are aimed towards WP fans, else god knows who would wait with such pathetic order system to get this phone!!

Look at the web site on the 25th to see if it shows that it can be ordered. They may be changing the order process so that it can be ordered for delivery. I pre-ordered mine on the 17th and it is arriving tomorrow. I must have hit it at the right time.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Look at the web site on the 25th to see if it shows that it can be ordered. They may be changing the order process so that it can be ordered for delivery. I pre-ordered mine on the 17th and it is arriving tomorrow. I must have hit it at the right time.
Nice for you, I think you got lucky. Most of the time I asked on call / chat, only response I got is 'pre-orders are closed now and its back-ordered'... and next if you ask, they dont know when actually pre/orders started for this !!

Oldmajor

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I feel your pain, I just want to order an unlocked 950 from the Microsoft store (physical) and was told they took all the preorders they had! I didnt even know they were taking pre orders because when i called previously they told me they weren't! The Awhile back i clicked the email me when available button on the website and was never emailed (thank goodness for blogs). It shouldnt be this difficult to buy a phone the widespread public doesnt want and was made to appease enthusiast. This whole process has turned me off

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Considering big company like MS its actually like a joke !!

Its live now to put online order, but about 5 mins after putting the order, its status will say as 'Back-ordered'. Still about 13 hrs remaining on 25th Nov, so fingers crossed if its really 'Ships By Nov 25th'.

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Nice for you, I think you got lucky. Most of the time I asked on call / chat, only response I got is 'pre-orders are closed now and its back-ordered'... and next if you ask, they dont know when actually pre/orders started for this !!

All I can suggest is to keep calling and trying to get a rep that knows how to get it done. I must have been lucky and hope you have the same luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos