Anyone confirmed L950/950XL working on T-Mobile?

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
So reading through this entire thread, it seems that with T-Mobile, the 950XL works fine only it will not allow me to have visual voicemail and Wi-Fi calling. Band 12 LTE seems to work for people? And therefore if my area has the 700 MHz deployed and active, I can utilize this and get better data signal while in my work building?

Also, some mentioned problems sending MMS? Or are there issues with receiving MMS? Or neither?

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
So reading through this entire thread, it seems that with T-Mobile, the 950XL works fine only it will not allow me to have visual voicemail and Wi-Fi calling. Band 12 LTE seems to work for people? And therefore if my area has the 700 MHz deployed and active, I can utilize this and get better data signal while in my work building?

Also, some mentioned problems sending MMS? Or are there issues with receiving MMS? Or neither?
Everything you've said is correct in the first paragraph. I have not had any problems sending or receiving MMS, either. Put my SIM in before powering on the device for the first time.

Clive Rennie

May 16, 2013
Visit site
mms messages cant send with correct settings spoke to tmo rep couldn't help while it works fine with l640xl no wifi calling either hot spot works fine

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
mms messages cant send with correct settings spoke to tmo rep couldn't help while it works fine with l640xl no wifi calling either hot spot works fine
Can you divulge more information on the MMS issues you are having? The visual voicemail and WiFi calling I can live without but not the MMS issue.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Try texting a pic to your own number from same phone. Was told by T-Mobile support before that can set up settings

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Try texting a pic to your own number from same phone. Was told by T-Mobile support before that can set up settings

I have no issues sending a pic to my wife from my 950 xL to my wife's iPhone 6. It works just by putting in your SIM card

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone comment on T-Mobile's extended range 700 MHz (Band 12) performance with the 950XL? Is it all what it's cracked up to be?

rudypoochris

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a dual SIM problem with Tmobile actually. So for whatever reason MSFT decided to make SIM 2 enable 2G only. This is extremely stupid because 2G is being completely phased out by the end of next year on ATT and Tmobile. So effectively between now and then this "dual sim" phone is actually a single SIM phone. In my office (I carry two lines for personal/work and was hoping to use my dual SIM 950XL for both) there is not Tmobile 2G only 3G and LTE. So what am I left with? No business line in the office since there is no 2G support from Tmobile and there wont be in the future. If I had Wi-Fi calling that could be the solution, or Microsoft could do something intelligent like enable 3G only on the 2nd SIM instead of 2G...

Clive Rennie

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok so regarding my mms issues I did a factory reset because I had cricket before so I had just popped the sim in the phone, and it still had the cricket info in it so did the restore with the t-mobile sim and mms is working perfectly. lte is good no visual voicemail but I get it on my 640xl so don't know about that. that's it hotspot works great just the visual voicemail is the problem now.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok so regarding my mms issues I did a factory reset because I had cricket before so I had just popped the sim in the phone, and it still had the cricket info in it so did the restore with the t-mobile sim and mms is working perfectly. lte is good no visual voicemail but I get it on my 640xl so don't know about that. that's it hotspot works great just the visual voicemail is the problem now.

Visual voicemail will never work

jazzedmurf

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile customer with a L950XL here, and not only does mine work with full LTE, but it works in places where I had NO reception whatsoever with my L830 earlier this week (i.e. the school where I work, for one). Not sure if others are reporting similar boosts in signal from the two antenna used in the L950/XL, but it's working very well. I actually bought a cheapo, prepaid AT&T sim to through in it for school use, but I apparently get reception with my T-Mobile sim now! Who knew?!

Now if I could only figure out 1) why it keeps restarting when on my Fatboy Qi charger and 2) what to replace my Nokia Qi car mount with (because the coils don't line up with it)...

dcoffing

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Good idea, I tried that and it still reports a problem saying "Couldn't send Try again". I've double checked my settings that TMobile posted on their website for //support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-2090 . I tried entering in settings right away because my data wasn't working. I got my LTE data up and running but I am wondering if I set something wrong. Can somebody verify their MMS settings with me that has their unlocked 950XL working to see if it matches what TMobile website posting is?
View attachment 121601

dcoffing

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Also, Visual Voicemail doesn't seem to work or I can't find where to enable it. It was working on my 830 with 10586 just fine, so it's there....but where? I contacted Tmo to turn it off and back on from their end to see if that helps.
t.
There is an equivalent visual voicemail app you can use and works better than T-Mobile's. Go download ISeeVM for YouMail It's free and works great. Here is the description from the Microsoft app store
" ISeeVM gives you the best Visual Voicemail experience on Windows. Leveraging YouMail's state-of-the-art mobile voicemail service, you can now have a true Visual Voicemail experience on any Windows device. "

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12