Double Tap to Shut Screen Off

TheKingsEighth

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else noticed this while using the phone but you can shut the screen off by double tapping the navigation bar at the bottom. They can incorporate this but not to wake the phone :eck:

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else noticed this while using the phone but you can shut the screen off by double tapping the navigation bar at the bottom. They can incorporate this but not to wake the phone :eck:

pretty sure programming a double tap on a small portion on the screen, while it's on, to shut off the screen is a bit easier than the other way around.

Give it time, as not all features are final yet.

dashrendar

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
For the shut off feature, the capacitive screen is ALREADY ON. Of course, it's easy to implement. My low end Lumia 635 has this.

For the wake up feature, the screen is off or in some low power mode. Very different scenario.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Double Tap Nav Bar to Sleep was implemented in 8.1 Update 2 for Software Nav Bar.

I've yet to use it as my devices have capacitive keys. I haz a sad.

I'm sure Daniel Rubino said in the AMA he believes that Double Tap to Wake is coming in a firmware update.

tanders04#WN

May 28, 2014
Visit site

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
oh you mean double tap to wake is not going to be available on lumia 950?

I have to think that this is just a driver issue. The phone is active when asleep as both hey Cortana and the ability to wave your hand over it to bring up the glance screen are functional.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Double tap to wake was annoying to me. I'd always forget to turn it off and my phone would constantly come on in my pocket and especially while working out. Even in the times where I didn't have to worry about movement waking the phone I found myself rarely using it so I ended up disabling it permanently. Pressing the power button is fine with me and easier to do with one hand on these gigantic phones (please send a memo to the phone Gods to stop making them bigger).

mk1129

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Just test it on my 950 and it works. Thanks!
I remember Double Tap to Wake has a reminder that it may consume more battery power. Thoughtful~

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers