Headphones not working reliably

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a problem where my 950 refuses to recognize my headphones. I plug them in and audio continues coming from the phone. There's nothing special about my headphones except for volume controls on the cable. I find that the only way the headphones will be recognized is to press one of those buttons on the cord.

Once they're connected and playing audio they're fine. However, the moment I switch apps the connection breaks.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there some sort of compatibility I should be aware of? I didn't have this problem with the 920.

aschnee

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I am having this problem with my new lumia 950 xl. If I start a call with headphones in everything is ok but if I place them in after the call is started sound continues to come from the phone as though they were never plugged in.

Did you manage to solve this?

Rusty James

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
The plug seems to only accept a 3 pole plug. My 920 was a 4 pole. Pole is how many sections. Mono is 2. Stereo is 3. The 4 pole is for adding on the phone communication I think. My headphones with 4 pole do not work. My regular stereo headphones do work. Luckily my 4 pole(monster purity pro) work with Bluetooth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium