Lumia 950 Unlocked Back-Ordered

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
According to when I purchased the 950 last night from the Microsoft Store, it is back-ordered. I ordered it within the first hour it was available, so it doesn't seem they be out of stock by then. Though it does say shipping by November 25th, today. Anyone else have this same occurrence in their recent orders?

Last edited:

James Dandy

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I ordered it about the same time with the same results. I was about to cancel the order and just bite the bullet and go to my local MS store and buy one since Panos Panay's post said "U.S. Microsoft Stores will have both phones available online on Nov. 25 and in the retail stores on Nov. 26." but my local store hours shows "Thu: Closed during normal hours". C'mon MS get your act together!

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I ordered mine at 7:00 am and originally said shipping on 11/25. Then when I check the invoice it shows back-ordered.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
According to when I purchased the 950 last night from the Microsoft Store, it is back-ordered. I ordered it within the first hour it was available, so it doesn't seem they be out of stock by then. Though it does say shipping by November 25th, today. Anyone else have this same occurrence in their recent orders?
Was refreshing that page many times and hence I believe I put in order within 10 mins of its opening up. Later on had another order by 10 AM, both are showing Back Ordered. Am going to try physical store on Friday or else will cancel all orders and wait till Jan. They are really pathetic in handling orders this time for both 950 and XL.

Sakic26

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Yep I ordered around 5:55 am that day(25th) and when I talked to the lady tonight she told me she has no idea what is going on and had to escalate the issue to fulfillment. Once again another launch that flops.

Tunno79

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Yep I ordered around 5:55 am that day(25th) and when I talked to the lady tonight she told me she has no idea what is going on and had to escalate the issue to fulfillment. Once again another launch that flops.

I ordered mine the same time as you. It said it would ship by Nov 25. My credit card was charged. However on the the Store order page, as of today Nov. 27, it is listed as "order in process" and also says "Back ordered"

If you were able to place an order that stated "ships by Nov 25" then surely it should do so. It really seams as though MS are not capable of launching a phone product properly.

I had previously pre-ordered from a B&M MS Store in Garden City and even the Sales rep in the store couldn't tell me when the store would actually be getting shipments in.

Very unorganized compared to another well known fruit product who can perform flawless launches. Come on MS.

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I ordered mine the same time as you. It said it would ship by Nov 25. My credit card was charged. However on the the Store order page, as of today Nov. 27, it is listed as "order in process" and also says "Back ordered"

If you were able to place an order that stated "ships by Nov 25" then surely it should do so. It really seams as though MS are not capable of launching a phone product properly.

I had previously pre-ordered from a B&M MS Store in Garden City and even the Sales rep in the store couldn't tell me when the store would actually be getting shipments in.

Very unorganized compared to another well known fruit product who can perform flawless launches. Come on MS.

I had pre-Ordered my 950 on the 17th and my credit card was not charged until the day and time it was shipped. This is Microsoft Policy that they do not charge until and item(s) ship. I would be contacting the Store support asap and finding out if there was a problem with the actual shipment or if it was shipped and sent a notification and you di not receive it.

About my Pre-Ordered 950...it shipped on the 24th and I received it on the 25th. My card was charged on the 25th.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I had pre-Ordered my 950 on the 17th and my credit card was not charged until the day and time it was shipped. This is Microsoft Policy that they do not charge until and item(s) ship. I would be contacting the Store support asap and finding out if there was a problem with the actual shipment or if it was shipped and sent a notification and you di not receive it.

About my Pre-Ordered 950...it shipped on the 24th and I received it on the 25th. My card was charged on the 25th.
Are the unlocked 950s from the MS Store single-sim or dual-sim? I have one on backorder too, but if they are dual-sim I might take a chance with an AT&T variant and see about getting it unlocked.

Tunno79

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I called the MS store. It turns out that the rep does not know exactly when the phone will ship but because the exact amount charge is pending on my credit card it should be close to shipping.

Hopefully I see some movement early next week.

j o e l

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
A few hours ago, I received an email from Microsoft saying the phone was shipped. Tracking info says it will be here early next week. I ordered unlocked 950 on the 25th.

Rugbyplayer Bartet

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I ordered one on the Microsoft site about 12:30 am on Tuesday. Still says pending. So I walked into the store in Scottsdal,AZ and picked one up no problem. Got home and called customer support to cancel and they don't have a cancel button for it or something. Said they would call me back in 24-48 hours. Ugh

ACF1

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Is ATT LTE working on unlocked L950 with a brand new nano sim (I mean not the one you pull from your existing phone)? I have been reading the L950XL has this problem becuase ATT doesn't have XL's Imei registered in their database. I suppose the L950 unlocked has a different IMEI from the ATT L950, so it is possible it runs into the same problems as XL owners.

rlshky

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Ordered at about 230am on the 25th. Order status said back ordered earlier today. Just got email stating was shipping. Hope others get their shipping notices soon.

Tunno79

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Ordered at about 230am on the 25th. Order status said back ordered earlier today. Just got email stating was shipping. Hope others get their shipping notices soon.

Got an email that mine was shipping this morning. So will receive early by Dec 4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo