Free Display Dock via the Lumia Offers app on 950 XL?

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Update for US customers. I had the free dock on order since the 27th of November, with a status "Back Ordered", while the full price version was available for sale at the Microsoft Store website. Talked to a very nice rep at Microsoft today, who cancelled my back order, and placed in an order for the full price version with the discount attached (so it was zero dollars for me). As a bonus, it's expedited shipping, so should have the dock in my hands tomorrow. Just got the tracking number from UPS. Excited!!!!

Got mine yesterday.. Even tho UPS tried their best to crush the package it was alright. Tested it out with my monitor, wired KB and mouse and it was very cool. Looking forward for more apps to embrace this feature

Last edited:

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My order still states "backordered", since Nov 27. I'm not too upset though since I returned my 950XL. :) Still plan on keeping the dock if it finally arrives and jumping back on the 950XL bandwagon later when the price drops and/or the bugs disappear.
This one finally shipped. Or rather, a UPS Ground shipping label was created.

TheTruQ

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Just got my 950XL a couple of days ago. I haven't seemed to have the trouble others have had. I opened the Lumia Offers app, and my only hiccup was the app initially giving a message indicating it only worked on 8.1 devices. Closed it, reopened it, and bingo - submitted. It didn't take but around 2-3 minutes to get the email with the code.

Now, it was difficult getting the order submitted with the code, but that could be due to holiday order traffic on the site. I basically backed out of the order, re-added the item to a clear cart, applied the code, and submitted. Done. I haven't received a shipping email yet, but I just did this yesterday evening - we will see how that goes.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I (pre)ordered my Lumia 950 XL on the 16th of November (the first batch that went on for sale); and when I received it I quickly updated the Lumia offers app, and opened it and to my surprise there was no offers available there; I did a hard reset but still no offers... I called MS support a couple of times and they claimed that it could be due to the dock being out of stock; so I waited some time and was always checking the app with no luck... a couple of days ago I called MS again and they told me that since I ordered my phone on the 16th of November it is not eligible for the offer - only orders between 20th of Nov and 31st of Jan are eligible - although the offer was clearly showing on the ordering page!!!
did anyone face the same issue??
I am sure many people ordered on the 16th of November and got the dock.

That just RIDICULOUS. The offer says 'purchases' made between 11/25-1/31. Are they really going to split hairs over that kind of terminology? Is it considered a purchase until your card is charged and the item is shipped?

KamiForce

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Had to wait 3 days till I got my email with the promo code. (nearly 72 hours after the first request, I received my mail).
Bought the docking; normal delivery time 8-10 weeks. But in the shop it said something like -> Free high priority delivery for Christmas* (2-4 workdays).
*Orders placed before 23:59 20/12/2015 will be sent in time, to be delivered before it's Christmas
Fingers crossed I'll get it next week

batab

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
After 2 hard resets I still can't get the Lumia Offers app as it's not pre-installed and I can't get it via store.
I'm not trying to access to the app through online links found on reddit.

batab

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Free Display Dock via the Lumia Offers app on 950 XL

I try hard reset, but the app isn't in phone and cannot download it, becuase "Cannot download due to company policies." What can I do? :(

I was only able to get the app through this link i found on reddit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/lumia-offers/9nblggh2kbnv?tduid=$2c0686b53e49c8b4b8c765f97516475a$$263915$$2775081$$$$$

It's a direct link to the store and you need to click it from the phone. This was my only way to get the app and to claim the dock. Hope it helps.

sarinkaxd

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site

I was only able to get the app through this link i found on reddit

It's a direct link to the store and you need to click it from the phone. This was my only way to get the app and to claim the dock. Hope it helps.

When I click it, the mobile writes "Cannot download due to company policies." too. :( but thank you :).

hugh0616

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Ordered the display dock on Nov. 27 and on back-ordered for a while (Canada). I finally received a shipping notification today!

RicKaysen

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I just received my display dock today. Unfortunately, I returned the phone soon after I got it. I'm hoping I see some movement in the app gap situation and maybe I'll pick up another one....although keeping up with all the posts about issues with the phone, I can't help but feel it's not quite ready for prime time.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Got my phone today from www.mobilesphonesdirect.co.uk and was worried I wouldn't get continuum. Took a little while for the app to show the offer, but after an hour or so it showed up. So pleased I qualified. If nothing else, it is another free charger. ?34.99 with 4GB data and no upfront cost + ?20 cashback (now ?15 on their website though) and the 4g extra plan is great.

Gecos

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Did anyone under the circumstances below manage to redeem the code through the Lumia Offers app? If yes, please post how.
- your own country's MS Store doesn't sell the Lumia 950XL and consequently doesn't offer the free dock
- you purchased the 950XL from another country's MS Store where the dock offer is valid
- you have a SIM from your own country, not one from the country where the phone was purchased from

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone under the circumstances below manage to redeem the code through the Lumia Offers app? If yes, please post how.
- your own country's MS Store doesn't sell the Lumia 950XL and consequently doesn't offer the free dock
- you purchased the 950XL from another country's MS Store where the dock offer is valid
- you have a SIM from your own country, not one from the country where the phone was purchased from

I don't know if it counts, but the 950XL Dual Sim is not sold in Germany (but the 950 XL Single Sim is, with free dock), so I bought my Dual Sim version in France, but using it with my German Sim... Lumia offers (after the updates) and even thou my phone is set to Region USA, Language english (US), was opening in German and I got my code, clicked on the buy link in the Email (directed me to the english MS store) and already ordered my free dock.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site

Is the free display dock only available through MS US I've seen the lumia 950xl a bit cheaper elsewhere but im not sure if i will be able to get the display dock. Can someone clarify?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Gecos

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if it counts, but the 950XL Dual Sim is not sold in Germany (but the 950 XL Single Sim is, with free dock), so I bought my Dual Sim version in France, but using it with my German Sim... Lumia offers (after the updates) and even thou my phone is set to Region USA, Language english (US), was opening in German and I got my code, clicked on the buy link in the Email (directed me to the english MS store) and already ordered my free dock.

Thank you for answering but it's likely your German SIM and the fact that the German MS Store is on the promotion, regardless of the version of the phone, that made the difference in the end. I'm quite sure at this point that MS is using the SIM origin country to link to the country's MS store and check for the promotion, regardless of the MS store where the phone was purchased from.

dxdy

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for answering but it's likely your German SIM and the fact that the German MS Store is on the promotion, regardless of the version of the phone, that made the difference in the end. I'm quite sure at this point that MS is using the SIM origin country to link to the country's MS store and check for the promotion, regardless of the MS store where the phone was purchased from.

Yes. I purchased Lumia 950 xl in Germany and also needed german SIM card to get promotion code. After that i used this code to get free DD (shipped to my friend in Germany). I am from Croatia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077