Question for Those on T-Mobile - WiFi Calling

RyanGross

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
For those on T-Mobile, who have their new phone...are you able to get WiFi calling to work? I'm guessing not, but I'd really like a miracle. Going over to Europe soon and I'd like to have my free calls.

gsjansen

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Got my 950 XL today. I am an existing T-Mobile customer.

I have had the Lumia 925 for 2 plus years and love the phone and the operating system.

WiFi calling does not work on the 950 XL....not really a deal breaker for me, as I have an unlimited data plan.

Visual voicemail does not work, this is only an issue, as I have become so used to it.

Internet hotspot definitely works, as I am typing this while connected to my phones LTE connection.

I bought the phone, as I am a true Microsoft believer.....I figure I have 30 or so days to decide if I go back to my 925, or stay on board with the 950 XL

overall, (after only 2 hours with the phone), I am indeed happy with it..........but.........not sure if I want to go back to voicemail technology of the 90's,.................if visual voicemail appears, (not that i'm expecting it to), then i'm all in with the 950 XL............

give me a few days to play, and then I can respond better.......

But WiFi calling is definitely not happening on T-Mobile with the 950 XL

RyanGross

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Got my 950 XL today. I am an existing T-Mobile customer.

I have had the Lumia 925 for 2 plus years and love the phone and the operating system.

WiFi calling does not work on the 950 XL....not really a deal breaker for me, as I have an unlimited data plan.

Visual voicemail does not work, this is only an issue, as I have become so used to it.

Internet hotspot definitely works, as I am typing this while connected to my phones LTE connection.

I bought the phone, as I am a true Microsoft believer.....I figure I have 30 or so days to decide if I go back to my 925, or stay on board with the 950 XL

overall, (after only 2 hours with the phone), I am indeed happy with it..........but.........not sure if I want to go back to voicemail technology of the 90's,.................if visual voicemail appears, (not that i'm expecting it to), then i'm all in with the 950 XL............

give me a few days to play, and then I can respond better.......

But WiFi calling is definitely not happening on T-Mobile with the 950 XL

I live in Iowa, so WiFi calling is a pretty big deal. Whenever I'm not in Des Moines or Illinois, I'm roaming with their partner I-Wireless who has questionable signal strength.

Though the biggest benefit is in the foreign countries. Being able to call back home using wifi calling is a big plus. Might just have to bring my 925 with me as well in these cases.

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
i guess all those issues can be fixed with software update.. but i don't have my phone yet and it will be my first windows phone so i don't know

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle