Any USA users using 950 XL on Cricket?

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I asked before about using Cricket vice AT&T and i'm just looking to see if anyone here has activated a 950 XL on Cricket. I am not trying to debate service between AT&T and Cricket, just want to see if anyone has got it working on Cricket. The IMEI check online says its not support but it also comes up with an issue on the AT&T website, so hence my question.

I plan to try but not until Saturday after some obligations are done so i can make sure the port of my # from Verizon to Cricket doesn't interrupt my service that i need on Friday.

Thanks for any input!

DuoWing

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I can't speak for the XL, but I've used an unlocked Motorola Moto Maxx (international version of the Droid Turbo), and a Moto X 2014 on Cricket. At most you may have to add in the APN info, but other than that you should be good to go. Usually they'll help you set it up if need be.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I can't speak for the XL, but I've used an unlocked Motorola Moto Maxx (international version of the Droid Turbo), and a Moto X 2014 on Cricket. At most you may have to add in the APN info, but other than that you should be good to go. Usually they'll help you set it up if need be.

Thanks, i asked about Cricket in another thread and know it will work form most other Lumia and GSM phones, just specifically looking at the 950 XL.

I will have to use a Gamestop store as the nearest Cricket store is 3 hours round trip from me.

Exhibit13

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I am using my XL on cricket, everything works fine out of the box (no need to edit APN or anything) except no Visual Voicemail! Anyone know how to get VVM working on a windows phone 10 device with cricket?

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I am using my XL on cricket, everything works fine out of the box (no need to edit APN or anything) except no Visual Voicemail! Anyone know how to get VVM working on a windows phone 10 device with cricket?

Awesome to hear! Can't wait for Saturday to transfer over the # and start really using the phone. Right now i have it all setup with my apps and settings ready to go lol.

Does Cricket offer WiFi calling like AT&T? Just wondering.

As far as the Visual Voicemail issue, it seems some of the AT&T guys had their phones provisioned by calling support and that worked. Not sure if they were already using a SIM they had or a new one but check a few of the threads here!

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe VVM will work unless the phone is running cricket firmware. I switched my 1520 over from AT&T and have just been using YouMail with the ISeeVM app. Not quite as seamless as the integrated VVM, but it works.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe VVM will work unless the phone is running cricket firmware. I switched my 1520 over from AT&T and have just been using YouMail with the ISeeVM app. Not quite as seamless as the integrated VVM, but it works.

I'm on Cricket with 2 Factory Unlocked Windows Phones that I swap my SIM between.

I am a firm believer in YouMail + ISeeVM. I like how it transfers between phones, SIM cards, carriers and phone numbers easily. I get consistent mileage from it. I don't see myself ever going back to carrier VVM. I really dig how it greets my known contacts by name when they go to my voicemail. Freaks them out the first time. :winktongue: Advantage: you can retrieve, play and manage VVM on the web via browser as well as on the phone.

FWIW, you do need Cricket Firmware on a WP to get VVM from Cricket. For Android BYOD they have an App, not so for WP.

YouMail Automated Secretary | Replace Voicemail with an Automated Secretary to Manage Your Calls
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...evm-for-youmail%2F9wzdncrdkj9v&token=Pvg3Dllz

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Cricket with 2 Factory Unlocked Windows Phones that I swap my SIM between.

I am a firm believer in YouMail + ISeeVM. I like how it transfers between phones, SIM cards, carriers and phone numbers easily. I get consistent mileage from it. I don't see myself ever going back to carrier VVM. I really dig how it greets my known contacts by name when they go to my voicemail. Freaks them out the first time. :winktongue: Advantage: you can retrieve, play and manage VVM on the web via browser as well as on the phone.

FWIW, you do need Cricket Firmware on a WP to get VVM from Cricket. For Android BYOD they have an App, not so for WP.

YouMail Automated Secretary | Replace Voicemail with an Automated Secretary to Manage Your Calls
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...evm-for-youmail%2F9wzdncrdkj9v&token=3oqiGCW2

Thanks for your feedback! No luck with VVM without carrier software so with Cricket no love it seems unless i go the 3rd party route you mentioned. You did say cricket firmware so i assume the 950 XL is a no go? Maybe i read that wrong.

I got the 950 XL and switched from Verizon to Cricket. Very easy, no issues so far.

I switched from Verizon to Cricket yesterday.

Any issues with sending or receiving MMS messages while on WiFi to Verizon customers or anyone in general? I have come across the issue and found a weird fix on reddit but I still have issues receiving pictures from Verizon users. The normal MMS APN settings on Cricket support site won't work. Here is the link, sorry if i am not supposed to link to other forums.

https://pay.reddit.com/r/NoContract/comments/3paxri/another_day_with_cricket_wireless_mms/

blost

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Does wireless hotspot/tethering work on cricket?

My unlocked 920 could tether without issue. My 950xl gives me an error saying I have to activate the feature on my account except my account page on the website won't let me add it - which according to their faq means my phone isn't eligible...

I might be calling them later this week to sort this out since I can't find any workaround to make it function right now (like you could do with the 920 using the Spanish keyboard download trick). If anyone here has found a method to get it to work your knowledge would be appreciated! Thanks

muddtt

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
My unlocked 920 could tether without issue. My 950xl gives me an error saying I have to activate the feature on my account except my account page on the website won't let me add it - which according to their faq means my phone isn't eligible...

I might be calling them later this week to sort this out since I can't find any workaround to make it function right now (like you could do with the 920 using the Spanish keyboard download trick). If anyone here has found a method to get it to work your knowledge would be appreciated! Thanks

Thanks, please keep us updated.

blost

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Small update for now, I found some info on the xda forums that led me to believe the system lock on tethering without your carriers permission can be removed by changing some registry values; seems the feature is built into the OS. Some people there claim to have done it, but not many people have tried it yet for w10m so it's not a sure thing.

I downloaded everything I need to attempt it and will probably give it a go tomorrow (Friday) evening after work. I'm a novice at this stuff so it'll be interesting regardless of how it turns out.

I'll update with results after I'm finished, and if successful will link to the method and resources I had to use. As this seems like my last resort before begging cricket to let me pay for the feature that'll probably be my next step... It's just not something I use all that often, so it irks me to pay extra for something I might use once every month or two.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos