Why my Lumia 930 screen goes off during phone call after upgrade to Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why my lumia 930 screen goes off during phone call after upgrade to Windows 10?

My Lumia 930 was working fine when it was running with WP 8.1. I recently upgraded to Windows Insider Windows 10 for Phone and last week received 1511 version as well. It is doing well except for two basic and very important cases.

1. My screen goes off when I make a call. This is consistently happening every time AFTER upgrading to Windows 10 only.

2. My battery drains out from 100% to 0% with in 6 to 8 hours. I just use my phone for < 30min in that entire 8 hour time frame for email check and news updates (like Windows Central). When I check for battery usage, it shows 80% used by screen.

Any help on solving these issues is much appreciated.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
It is supposed to be this way so that you don't touch with your faces the OS buttons/menu's.
You telling me you had this in 8.1 and considered it normal? Each time you were on the phone in a call the screen was on?
lol.
And now you want the "feature" back? :)

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
It is supposed to be this way so that you don't touch with your faces the OS buttons/menu's.
You telling me you had this in 8.1 and considered it normal? Each time you were on the phone in a call the screen was on?
lol.
And now you want the "feature" back? :)

He might be talking about proximity sensor issue which makes the screen stay black after pulling the phone away from your face.

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Be sure to claim assembly issues rather than proximity sensor issues, as pressing the screen a little seems to fix it for some time and they might just send it back saying everything works as intended (as they did with mine). Claiming assembly issues with screen lift pictured should qualify it for repair.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb