Does the Microsoft Edge browser have unlimited tabs?

lsquare

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Google Chrome for Android seems to have the ability to have unlimited amount of tabs. Even with 99 different tabs, Chrome doesn't close any earlier tabs to make room for new one. Safari for iOS behaves in the opposite manner. What about Microsoft Edge for WM10?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Depends on how much ram you have, opening just 100+ blank new tabs is nothing really (I opened 103 just now) with no noticeable lag.

General performance also depends on your general specs i.e CPU ability, seek times and other factors i.e how fragmented your HDD etc etc.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure iOS has nearly unlimited tabs as well.

Now, both Edge, Chrome, and Safari, I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar they all clean out old webpages to free up memory. (hence reloading a page when you return to it)

also OPs talking about mobile.

lsquare

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure iOS has nearly unlimited tabs as well.

Now, both Edge, Chrome, and Safari, I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar they all clean out old webpages to free up memory. (hence reloading a page when you return to it)

also OPs talking about mobile.

Oh really? The last time I was using Safari on iOS, the browser will close earlier tabs as I create new tabs. That was very annoying. Can you try opening 100 tabs and see that everything is still there? I don't mind cleaning out the old pages, but I hate how it closes the earlier tabs.

Migi2015

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Who cares to have unlimited tabs if you have to reload each one individually. This is why mobile computing can't compete with desktop computing. I can have 100 tabs open in Chrome on the PC and they're all fully loaded.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas