How can I process a DNG like default jpeg?

Peter Langenkamp

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Process DNG like default jpeg

Hi guys,

I realize that it may be blasphemous to ask, but does anyone know how to edit DNG files to make them look like the default jpeg output? Is there an easy way to do this, or does this depend on the captured image?

The reason I ask is that, although I usually prefer the more natural looking images I can get from the DNG files, I have a couple of pictures where I really like the colors, saturation, etc. of the 5Mp jpeg image, but haven't been able to match a certain sparkle in the hilights or the vibrant colors of for instance the sky and water without getting an unwanted color cast or oversaturated colors elsewhere in the image.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Process DNG like default jpeg

I also find this to be the case sometimes - where the automatically applied in-camera (phone) jpg processing looks better than what I can extract from the raw file! I never had this problem when processing raw cr2 files from my canon dslr using canon's DPP program, which unfortunately is not compatible with dng. I use ACDsee Pro 7, DxO Optics Pro 9 and Zoner Photo Studio 16 Pro for dng processing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05