950 XL Stability

TheVictor11

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine yesterday! They didn't have the 950 in stock so I caved and spent the extra bill haha.

Pretty happy with it so far but I'm having 2 issues.

1. It crashes a lot. I'd feel it restart just being in my pocket or when I'm just browsing with edge. Since I woke up this morning 3 hours ago, it's restarted 7 times. Anyone else having this issue?

2. Only a handful of my texts were recovered any they're all from 2013. Ideas how I can get it to sync all of them? Not a terrible issue but I refer back to a few every so often for passwords and addresses.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
That does not sound right. Mine has been rock solid since Wednesday night, and I know Windows 10 insider preview on my 640 never crashed the whole Phone. Especially since it crashed while you are not using it, that is not a good sign. You may have a hardware issue with your phone. On the messages, when I did some factory resets to install versions of the insider Windows 10 versions, sometimes it took a while for all of the text messages to migrate over to my phone, but they eventually all came over. You may want to talk to Microsoft to see if it needs to be replaced.

johnnyrussoa3

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
For some reason, when I charge my 950 XL with the included usb C charger, if i disconnect it and plug it back it it won't charge unless i reboot the phone. Ex. phone is charging fine, disconnect phone, plug it back in and it won't charge. Reboot and it works again. Any one else have this issue?

nkaufmann5

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
My 950 XL is rock solid. I've had a few things freeze/crash, but that is just with the few known bugs left in W10M. I'd say your phone is defective. Try hard reset first though?

maestromato

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I have been on my 950XL nonstop since Wednesday and have not had 1 crash in any app or Edge. Also, I have not had any problems with the charger or charging! If a factory reset doesn't help solve your problems, I would take it to a MS Store or call Tech Support!

TheVictor11

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yea definitely taking it in. I've had to hard reset it twice now because I messed up my backups. Just a stupid mistake in naming 2 phones the exact same thing. It's good to know that mine isn't an example of WP10 haha.

TheVictor11

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely. I will more than likely return it if they won't replace it then just buy it again haha. I'd rather not risk having a terrible phone this weekend since I'll be away.

Regardless, keep an eye out for an update!

TheVictor11

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, went to the store last night after work. The guy did a "metal reset" I think was the term. Basically wipes it down to the bios and reinstalled everything. I walked out of the store and immediately had it restart. I brought it back and they gave me a new XL. Unfortunately for anyone in Mississauga, that was the last white XL they had. Oops!

Anyways, typing this reply on the new XL and everything seems to be working fine! Seems likely it was a hardware thing that even the diagnostics they ran didn't pick up.

Hope that helps anyone in a similar situation!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa