950 XL & DT-903 charger extremely slow

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Thats very promising :) 3:30 is exactly the charging time the phone should achieve via QI 5 watts standard.

Do you usually get these charging times ? Like 3:30 to 4:00 hours ?
Which OS version are you running ?
Do you pay a lot of attention on positioning the device on the charger ?
Do you use the stock back cover ?

Lets assume that you indeed always have these charge times and we run the same OS version, firmware, QI charger then my and others 950 XL might be defective (hardware).

Normally 3:30Hrs to 3:40hrs max. OS version: 10.0.10586.29 Firmware: 01078.00027.15506.02015 Don't pay any special attention to the placement of the phone on the charging plate to be honest, just plonk it on and leave it, then the light goes out when fully charged. Have the same charging time on both the stock cover and the mozo cover.

wpctrlfan

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much! So it can work flawlessly as it does for you. That's good news :)

Now the affected users just have to find out why it doesn't work for them. If I can reproduce the same problems with the MS DT-904 I will start annoying Microsoft support with solid examples of overheating.

Most users who do QI charging dont care about 3:30 or 8hrs (as long as it's fully charged in the mornings) and rather hot phones as it seems. But these effects are definitely wrong - very wrong.

Lucky you dozer :)

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Note to self, some things to try with my 950XL and DT-900 charger:
- turn on airplane mode overnight, see if it still overheats
- disable only wifi, see if it still overheats
- leave wifi on but disable automatic backup, see if it still overheats
- manually start a backup with the phone on the charger, see if it overheats

wpctrlfan

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
To add my experience: When doing my QI charging tests I always had airplane mode on, wifi off, GPS off, backup off.

The setup draws 8.5 watts out of the socket but the phone charges with 5 watts (slow QI charging standard). The rest ends up as heat. Thats my theory.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
To add my experience: When doing my QI charging tests I always had airplane mode on, wifi off, GPS off, backup off.
Oh well, there goes my theory about it being related to network usage. In that case I'll just try the lateral placement without changing anything else and pray that that fixes it.

Edit:
Saturday: 950XL dual sim sideways across the DT900 charger, 100% charge in the morning and not hot.
Sunday: cool off the charger, but with only 61%. Misaligned?
Tuesday: cool off the charger, 65% charged. This is not looking great..
Friday: after two good days this morning it was at 33%. The phone charge I mean.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720