I can't get my Nokia 635 phone to sync with my Honda Civic. Can I get some help?

W

WPCentral Question

I can't get my Nokia 635 phone to sync with my Honda Civic.

I used to have a Renault, which never recognised my Nokia 635 because I was told the technology in my phone was superior to that in my car and so I was forced to use an old android phone in the car, very irritating.
I have just bought a new Honda Civic SE Plus [Navi] and although the Bluetooth does initially seem to connect the phone often the phone does not stay connected, and after a few minutes it tells me that my phone is not recognised. I also have to connect the phone every time I start the engine and Honda say that my phone is compatible so why does this happen, it is very annoying. More often than not it does not upload my phone book either, which is also very annoying.
Salesman who sold me my car said that maybe the phone is set for too short a "connecting time" and does not fully connect before timing out, if this might be the reason how do I extend the "connecting time".

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: I can't get my Nokia 635 phone to sync with my Honda Civic.

In the settings, go to Bluetooth>advanced and click the check box for use alternative speech. See if that works. Also check in your owners manual and see which version of Bluetooth your car is equipped with (hopefully version 4.1).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon