Lumia 950XL - Visual Voicemail?

Babs75

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
did you call yourself and leave a vm? do that, and it will ask for your p/w. after that, you have the tab. I just set it up on my 950 dual sim.

Hmm... must not work through AT&T. I have unlocked 950XL. I still don't have LTE either. Maybe has to do with my IMEI.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Is your service showing as LTE or 4g? If you only see 4g you need to fix the sim card.
Just installed 10586.122 on an unlocked US 950XL with an AT&T GoPhone SIM, and I was hoping to see VVM. No luck, left a voicemail, but tapping the voicemail icon just dialed the VM number. My phone shows 4G, but elsewhere we determined that I was getting LTE.

What do you mean by 'fix the SIM card', and why do you say that?

Babs75

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
My phone always shows only 4G and I live in the Portland, Oregon area so I should have LTE. Suppose I should stop by the AT&T store this weekend. I have the sim they gave me when I went to the AT&T store right after my phone was shipped to me. Don't have a GoPhone sim, that I know of.

fpostrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... must not work through AT&T. I have unlocked 950XL. I still don't have LTE either. Maybe has to do with my IMEI.

Fix the sim by using it on a branded ATT phone like an old 920 and when you put it back in your 950 you will automatically get LTE and VVM.

Yes, that's all you need to do. No need to call support. It's automagic.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Fix the sim by using it on a branded ATT phone like an old 920 and when you put it back in your 950 you will automatically get LTE and VVM.

Yes, that's all you need to do. No need to call support. It's automagic.
I'll definitely give that a try, thanks!

Sent from mTalk, a great Tapatalk alternative

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I really wish I could give you step by step instructions as to how I finally got visual voicemail. I was having trouble doing the upgrade and. Went to work and used their Wi-Fi because I don't have it at home and after many attempts finally it loaded. But I still didn't have visual voicemail. At some point. At home. I looked at my phone and there was a visual voicemail box asking for my passcode. I almost had a heart attack. And Lo and behold, there were the 3 little dots like ellipses in the upper right corner of my voicemail page.
And if you're wondering how come I have a random capitalization and new sentences that's my friend Cortana. She does it all by herself, bless her.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
That is fantastic news! I am still glad that I left. I could not have waited this long. I do like how visual voicemail is integrated better in Windows Phone than the way it works on LG phones at least.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
robertre, thanks, I'm on AT&T with dual sim 950XL but non-insider. No VVM for me yet but I'm glad to know VVM is coming to me one day. I called AT&T and they said my line (phone icon which is still grayed out in my account log in) was already provisioned for VVM

aetneerg83

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
If anyone was wondering what the VVM looks like I posted a screen shot. I tried the Fast Insider and did the same Redstone build as robertre and can now see VVM. So far no weird glitches or crashes yet.

wp_ss_20160306_0001.jpg

Ron Simpson

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
As of yesterday's Win10 Version 1511, ATT VVM on my new 950 XL Dual SIM is still not working. Lumia Support says they are aware of the issue, are working on it and will release it as soon as it is fixed. We won't have to wait for the next major release.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
At least for me, the Redstone build has been the most stable insider build I have had, though I see others who have had issues. I am really glad to have VVM working on my 950XL duel SIM. And I did not have to do anything with ATT. It proves that it is OS or the phone app, and not ATT, anyway.

darth furious

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
As of yesterday's Win10 Version 1511, ATT VVM on my new 950 XL Dual SIM is still not working. Lumia Support says they are aware of the issue, are working on it and will release it as soon as it is fixed. We won't have to wait for the next major release.
1.Go to "Settings"
2. Go to "System"
3. Go to "Phone"
4. Go to "SIM 1 settings" on the bottom
5. In the middle of the page is "visual voicemail.. See your voicemail in a list and play them there"
6. Turn that on. Mine was default off on reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)