Can anyone confirm USB-C to HDMI works for continium?

bugelrex

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Instead of using the dock for wired monitor connection, does anyone tried a USB-C to HDMI cable instead? Easier to carry this cable than the dock

kiteless

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks. Can someone post links to USB-C to HDMI adaptors that they can confirm are working at full 1080 HD? Dan R. showed this one in his video http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3329985 but in the Amazon description it specifically says it tops out at 720p "Due to limitations of Lumia hardware". Does anyone have this and get 1080?

This is the other one I was looking at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3329985 - the AUKEY stuff seems to get pretty good reviews.

Also has anyone tried the VGA adapter? Amazon.com: Type C to VGA Adapter, Aukey High quality USB 3.1 Type C (USB-C) Male to VGA 1080P HDTV Adapter (DP Alt mode) for The New MacBook 12 inch (CB-C15 White): Electronics - I know VGA should DIE IN A FIRE, but I need to drive a projector from time to time. To be able to use my phone and a Bluetooth thingy for powerpoint would be slick.

Side note. Microsoft site says the next batch of display docks will ship on December 16th.

I tried digging around on YouTube for other people using one of these USB-C to HDMI adaptors on the Lumia 950's and only find Dan R's. Ahh well.

Thanks all.

// Jason

kiteless

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Were you able to find a wired adapter that supports 1080p?

I ordered two, the cable matters one and another one. I forget the brand. I plan on testing them both and will report back here.

I'm also very curious how the phone would work with a VGA adaptor. Would it adapt to other more traditional resolutions like 1024x768 and such. Just how flexible is the display system in mobile. It brings up other interesting questions, like, did Microsoft even test other little goofy display adaptors ot just the dock? Or is MS intentionally limiting to 720 to force purchases of the dock?

Time will tell. Thanks for the reply btw! Adaptors show up tomorrow.

// Jason

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786