How can I unlock my Nokia Lumia 640 right away?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello guys! please answer my question its about unlocking nokia lumia 640

i wanted to buy nokia lumia 640 at&t gophone and i saw few times on ebay some resellers was saying that its possible to unlock but then i contacted at&t and they told me that i need to have 6 months of service before unlocking and imei i just for security. so guys ? maybe any of you know can i unlocked it right away or not and how? thanks in advance

nick inasaridze

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
thanks for answer but i contacted at&t online support team and they have told me that i should be 6 months user and only after that i will be able to unlock phone ? is that true or just politic of the company? also they told me that if i wont to get unlocked phone i should pay full price not discounted.

boonesmi

May 17, 2015
Visit site
AT&T policy and AT&T practice are separate things

i bought one of the $29 lumia 640's a couple days ago, i received the unlock code earlier this afternoon.

its an automated process, just go to:
att....com/deviceunlock/#/
(remove the extra ...)

and select non-att customer, and follow the prompts.

**Note: as was mentioned earlier you should not turn on your phone (or remove ATT sim card) until you receive the unlock code.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
**Note: as was mentioned earlier you should not turn on your phone (or remove ATT sim card) until you receive the unlock code.

I actually turned it on w/Go Phone sim still in. Went as far as entering my MS acct in the set up process but didn't do anything w/sim activation. I connected to wifi, installed apps, etc. AT&T still gave me an unlock code.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs