Call Quality Issues

rickms80

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Posted this in another thread. If your having issues with caller hearing their self echo, turn off Hey Cortana and see if that corrects the issues for your incoming calls.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Hoku001

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
What's the latest build? I just checked for updates and didn't find any.

For this echo problem, yes it's a pain in the *** for the people I'm speaking to. I've found that putting the phone into hold and then releasing it, stops the echo. I also just turned off "hey cortana" and will see if that helps.

My girlfriend was going to get a 950 today as well, but decided against it because she hates this echo problem. She got a Galaxy 6 instead. I don't blame her. I've been a user since my original Samsung Focus, but other users won't be so forgiving.

So yes, Microsoft, these little things are big things if you want to try to stay relevant in mobile.

Hoku001

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
@doghouseriley Did you try turning on "hey cortana" with the latest build to see if the echo returns? I didn't install the insider (yet), build but turning off "hey cortana" seems to have worked for me regarding the echo, so far... Problem is, I found "hey cortana" to be quite useful. Sad times.

Hoku001

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I've got a non developer, ATT branded version of the 950. I got yesterday's update along with most people. For me at least, the issue with the caller echo seems to be related to the "hey cortana" feature. Both before and after the update, as long as I had "hey cortana" on, callers would hear that massive echo. Placing the caller on hold and then releasing hold, would clear it. Also, both before and after the update, if I turned off the cortana wake up feature, I didn't seem to have the caller echo issue.

My two cents.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte