Call Quality Issues

doghouseriley

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Although voices on the other end of calls sound perfect (as good as I've ever heard on a cell phone), several people I have been on calls with report an echo when they talk to me. I can't hear it, but when I mute my line it goes away. Anyone else having call quality issues and is there a fix??

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Although voices on the other end of calls sound perfect (as good as I've ever heard on a cell phone), several people I have been on calls with report an echo when they talk to me. I can't hear it, but when I mute my line it goes away. Anyone else having call quality issues and is there a fix??

all cell phones have this issue...it is not native to windows phones or android or iOS phones. Calling the person back usually solves the issue.

Bay 13

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Not good...I am gonna wait and hope MS fix the issues. I have not purchased yet and I was waiting on user reviews before I jump in...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
all cell phones have this issue...it is not native to windows phones or android or iOS phones. Calling the person back usually solves the issue.

Never had this issue consistently with Motorola's or Apple products.
The only device that I had that problem with was the Nokia Lumia 900. It took new firmware to fix it.

I've never had that problem on other Nokia phones, BlackBerry, or Motorola.

doghouseriley

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
As one of the so called enterprise users who actually needs a phone for calls, I may have to return this phone. It's too bad because I really love everything about it except the calls.

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
The only device that I had that problem with was the Nokia Lumia 900. It took new firmware to fix it.

I've never had that problem on other Nokia phones, BlackBerry, or Motorola.

My Nokia 830 had the same problem on occasion, so did my Samsung Galaxy S4 and all my other phones, 6 in all. It seems to happen more when I was on speaker phone or via Bluetooth.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with call quality with my 950. In fact, yesterday, I got a call with another at&t user with the VoLTE (at&t HD Voice), and I was shocked at how good it sounded.

doghouseriley

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with call quality with my 950. In fact, yesterday, I got a call with another at&t user with the VoLTE (at&t HD Voice), and I was shocked at how good it so,unded.

That's not the issue. The calls always sound amazing on our end. It's the other side that's getting the echo, and it's bad.

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
This happens with all incoming calls on mine and I shouldn't have to call everyone back that calls me.

It hasn't occurred once on my 950 since getting it last Thursday. I agree that calling back is an issue as the times I have had to call back has been to my mother who is in rehab...not good. It is intermittent and doesn't follow a pattern. Not sure if it is carrier to carrier related or what the problem is. I have always had problems with it no matter what phone who I call. But, it doesn't happen with the same person each time and may not happen for a month and then it echoes. No rhyme or reason. If anyone has an idea what causes this echo please share!

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I haven't heard of anyone complaining about echo to me on my 950 XL, and even had a call with someone with another950 XL, and was amazed at how good it sounded.

Maybe this is just a 950 thing? I'm all ears for other people's responses to this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte