So....Band 2 doesnt work with 950XL !!! What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncled1023

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I was able to pair my Band 2 just fine with my 950 XL. It works better than when it was paired with my 1520 actually.

Did you do a factory reset on the band if it was paired with another device before? You can only pair it to another device after a reset.

Roman Royter

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
My band 2 works flawlessly with 950XL. I didn't even have to factory reset anything. Just pair to 950XL and when prompted if pairing an iphone, say no.

PhilWitt

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Ummmm, actually the Band 2, Microsoft Health, Fanband, and Wall Paper Studio 10, are a marriage made in heaven on the 950XL. It's actually one of the great success stories of the much-battered new W10M 9fiddies. :)

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I had an issue with my Band 1 not quite working. I get notifications and it syncs just fine, but trying to reply or use Cortana was not possible. It even showed that it wasn't connected in Bluetooth status. Reset both devices, but that didn't help. Put the Band in discovery mode and connect, but that did't work. I started the sync process and went back tapping on BT status for it to connect and it worked. It works fine now.

Anyways, buggy.

Ken1ceo

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have an issue syncing my Band 2. A few things to point out. 1) The Microsoft App needs to be reset. You'll need to forget the band and go through the setup again from the beginning. 2) I'm taking part of the insider program, but the OS version is the same as the factory release version. However, there may be something in the developer preview download that could be allowing the band to sync. 3) It may be a good idea to also reset the band to factory settings. Good Luck.

HarleyBigDog

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
For those of you hoping to get your Band 2 to work with your 950 XL,think again....

Spent time with MS on the phone today and they said that the 950XL is not yet supported! OMG
Also they cant tell us when it is going to be supported....

Is this some sort of a joke? MS needs to either come out and say they dont give a damn about this new phone so that we can move on, or go ahead and support your OWN PRODUCTS!!! How hard is it?

I hate IOS and Android....but I'm afraid I'm starting to lose my patience after 5 years......:angry:

I had issues with my Band 1, and posted a fix on the forum, but can't post links yet, so I will post the Title and repost the link here, in the hopes that it will work for Band 2 as well.

Microsoft Band 1 sync issues with 950XL

I was having issues with my Microsoft Band 1 and the 950XL I just got. It worked from the Band to the phone, but not the other way. I was not getting the nice txt and email messages, couldn't reply to txt with Cortana, nothing. So I unregistered my band, removed the MS Health App, restored my band, turned it back on, reinstalled the app, and it saw my Band right away, but wouldn't pair. And I couldn't get the Band to "reset" again, and thought I was screwed. I got on the Band Chat Support, and talked to someone who tried their best, but just said I had to reset the phone, or I could go into a MS Store and get a new Band.

I was about to take them up on the offer, but thought, while I was waiting for them to get back to me, that I would check my Bluetooth connections, to make sure it was turned on and such. And there, I saw the Band was there, paired. So, I removed that from my saved Bluetooth devices, went back into Health to Add Device, and there it was, a new icon, and it then SEARCHED for my device, found it, and set everything up great. Now everything goes back and forth, I can reply via Cortana to txts, but for some reason, I can't initiate the txt from my Band. I can only reply to them. But, maybe that gets fixed later. Not that big a concern for me.

So, if you are finding that you are having issues with your Band 1 or probably Band 2, give this a try and see if it helps you too. I hope it does.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone having issues replying to text or getting anything to initiate using Cortana? When I try to reply to text I get message that says "Make sure Bluetooth is on and your phone is close by". I've already tried resetting the Band, unpairing from phone and the Microsoft Health app. Kind of annoying as I just lost my entire days worth of data trying to fix it.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Yep, looks like that did it. Had to unregister it from my 1520. Then set it up again on my 950 XL. Finally let me respond using Cortana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786