Iris Scanner - Eye Pain

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Yea I read the text that says "Looking for you.... Hello Steven!" I never look at the light or anything else and it focuses and logs me in a pinch.

dullerm

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Just look at the little face winking at you on the top.

That's what I do too. It's even telling me what it does "Making sure it's you..." and greeting me "Hi Michael". Never looked anywhere else - well, until now. After reading the thread I tried looking into the red light. Don't do that! :)

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I've always had to wear glasses or contacts. After using the eye scanner enough times I no longer have to wear glasses because the laser burned my retina effectively giving me a free Lasik eye surgery.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
No offense, but I seriously thought at first that this was a trolling thread. No eye pain from my end... either you stop using this feature or you might want to see you eye doctor.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
that's a red laser

Now let's start a thread on thumb pain using the fingerprint scanner on icraps.

I thought a fingerprint reader might have been a better choice until I saw a customer of mine have to make four attempts before his iPhone would unlock, so maybe the iris scanner is a better choice after all.

A_Pieman

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Funnily enough I was in a ski shop a few days ago and a woman was looking at buying some 'e-gloves' so she could use her iPhone on the slopes without taking her gloves off. Until she realised that the finger print scanner wouldn't work...

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Funnily enough I was in a ski shop a few days ago and a woman was looking at buying some 'e-gloves' so she could use her iPhone on the slopes without taking her gloves off. Until she realised that the finger print scanner wouldn't work...

My L930 works just fine with my regular ski gloves, I never knew there were specific gloves you were supposed to use...

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
It shines quite bright though and you have to look into it as well :) Could have used something on a different wavelength really

Um, the infrared sensor is actually next to the front facing camera, the red light is just to help it see your eye. So technically, if you're looking into the "shiney," you're actually looking into the wrong spot. ;)

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
As a rule of thumb I don't like to point any radiation source directly into my eyes, if I can help it. I don't want to be the guinea pig that tests out whether or not something is safe after decades of constant use. My father is old enough to remember when you would get your feet X-rayed at shoe stores in order to get proper fit! Not a great idea. But, we have to assume they have tested this and it is less radiation, of whatever wavelengths, than you would get walking around on a sunny day.

ericloewe

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
As a rule of thumb I don't like to point any radiation source directly into my eyes, if I can help it. I don't want to be the guinea pig that tests out whether or not something is safe after decades of constant use. My father is old enough to remember when you would get your feet X-rayed at shoe stores in order to get proper fit! Not a great idea. But, we have to assume they have tested this and it is less radiation, of whatever wavelengths, than you would get walking around on a sunny day.
The screen is constantly outputting a lot more radiation than the silly little LED while in use. It's called "light", for crying out loud, and IR is less energetic than visible light.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte