HP printer app

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
How do I print from my Lumia 950 to my HP officejet which is WiFi enabled. I am able to print to it from my wife's android. The HPAio beta app from the store doesn't work at all. It says looking for printers and nothing happens .

How can we print from this phone?

J_WP

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Depends on what you're trying to print. You may not even need the HP app at all because several of the built-in apps have a "file>print" option. Windows 10 Mobile has drivers for numerous printers: support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3083720

I was able to print from the Office apps by just connecting to the same WiFi network that the printer was on and hitting file>print. The printer showed up as one of the options. However, it seems to be app-based (e.g. no print option in the Photos app, Edge browser, etc.)

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Mostly i want to print pdfs from my dropbox or emails and pictures. How do i do that from lumia 950. I was able to do this even from my blackberry where apps are not easily available. Surely, with windows there must be a way? What's the point of this HP AiO app - it does nothing other than spinning for a long time looking for my HP printer.

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Mostly i want to print pdfs from my dropbox or emails and pictures. How do i do that from lumia 950. I was able to do this even from my blackberry where apps are not easily available. Surely, with windows there must be a way? What's the point of this HP AiO app - it does nothing other than spinning for a long time looking for my HP printer.

I would suggest downloading the PDF, and then trying to print it from the PDF viewer you are using.

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I would suggest downloading the PDF, and then trying to print it from the PDF viewer you are using.

Downloaded adobe reader from the store and opened the pdf with that. To my surprise, there is no print option in adobe. Tried other pdf aps as well no print option. It's just nuts..with windows phone, you cant print!!

Sent from mTalk

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Downloaded adobe reader from the store and opened the pdf with that. To my surprise, there is no print option in adobe. Tried other pdf aps as well no print option. It's just nuts..with windows phone, you cant print!!

Sent from mTalk

To manage PDF's in Windows Phone (on 8.1), use the Files app, long press the desired PDF to share, move, copy, ect, but I have no print option. I transfer the file to my desktop via Bluetooth and print from there. Maybe with Bluetooth enabled printers you can do it directly. I haven't signed up for Adobe's PDF Pack, in which you can create and export PDF's, as I still do most of my document work my desktop.

Last edited:

Richardr1

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
It's ridiculous that we can't print a Pdf easily!
That includes from Microsoft's own PDF Reader and Edge.
I found that as well. The way around is to email the pdf to your printer - my recently bought HP printer has an email address, and that works fine. I've only seen the print function properly in Office, and that doesn't open pdf files on Phone.

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa