My 950 XL

ak1520

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey there,

Just thought I'd post and share. The online store was a bit of a hassle to try and order online, plus given how often I travel, I didn't want to run the risk of having it delivered while I'm out of town.

So I traveled out of state and while I was on the way back home I figured I'd try a brick and mortar store to see if they had any XL's in stock. I lucked out and had them ring me up, along with the 100$ protection plan.

My thoughts on day one? Love it. I can't find anything to complain about,

I said this to a friend and they said "well small gripe on the price, right?"
-Nope. 64GB iPhone is 850, Galaxy S6 is just under 700 from Verizon.
I wanted a bump up in some specs from the 1520 and I paid full price for that on release too.

Windows Hello is nifty. Sometimes I find myself swiping up before it even tries to recognize me, but I don't see it as a new feature or anything. Just a bell or whistle.

USB-C looooove the charge rate and that i'm not fiddling with which way the connector goes in.

Feels so nice to hold, maybe a bit better than the 1520 since it's not AS big, but hard to decide.
Display looks great, no complaints.

I've been using WP10 for a long time, no surprises, nothing real to complain about, still really happy that after initial set up, it's been a seamless transition.
All my texts, emails, photos, music, showed up and synced just fine.
Hey cortana is working fine.

I'm waiting on a nano sim from work to put in to the second slot.
I'm also shopping around for screen/scratch protection, and a wireless charger on amazon.

I've been doing a lot of lurking and reading about people's experiences and I admit; some of you got me kind of worried, but I just remembered well a lot of people out there just like to complain or want something perfect for 100 bucks or 50, or whatever... free. lol.

I'm happy with the purchase I made, really happy.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Ditto on everything you said. I've had mine since the day before Thanksgiving and am pleased. The battery life could be better but watching what is running in the background and just the burn in time has improved that somewhat.

Was it worth moving from Verizon to AT&T to get this phone. At this time, I can say yes. If a firmware update comes along opening the CDMA bands on my 950xl, I'll probably move back to Verizon for coverage and family plan pricing.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Nice to see some positive reports. I am hoping to order mine later today. Had expected an XL review by now. Would prefer to read the review before ordering.

ak1520

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Nice to see some positive reports. I am hoping to order mine later today. Had expected an XL review by now. Would prefer to read the review before ordering.

Personally, even when I was sitting happily with my 1520. I'm glad I made the jump to the XL.

Realistically, I just weighed reasonable options.
1. Have I been happy with W10m? Absolutely.
2. Do I want to finally move up in specs (even by a tad) after using the 1520 for a little more than 2 years? Well, yeah.

That was it for me. And I couldn't be happier with my reasoning.

ak1520

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Ditto on everything you said. I've had mine since the day before Thanksgiving and am pleased. The battery life could be better but watching what is running in the background and just the burn in time has improved that somewhat.

Was it worth moving from Verizon to AT&T to get this phone. At this time, I can say yes. If a firmware update comes along opening the CDMA bands on my 950xl, I'll probably move back to Verizon for coverage and family plan pricing.

I haven't gotten a gauge on battery life compared to my last phone. I haven't been able to put down the XL so it wouldn't be fair lol.

I've been with ATT with the grandfathered unlimited data, so just popping my sim in to the XL just made this all too easy.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Personally, even when I was sitting happily with my 1520. I'm glad I made the jump to the XL.

Realistically, I just weighed reasonable options.
1. Have I been happy with W10m? Absolutely.
2. Do I want to finally move up in specs (even by a tad) after using the 1520 for a little more than 2 years? Well, yeah.

That was it for me. And I couldn't be happier with my reasoning.

Nice one... I placed an order 1hr ago. Sadly, I have been declined by EE! I have been with them 5 years, never missed a bill! Back to square one for me. I wonder if O2 are any better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99