Need help 950, why are my Outlook SMS calendar notifications appearing as separate numbers instead of nesting?

Michael Bromley

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Need help 950 Outlook SMS calendar notifications appearing as separate numbers instead of nesting

Bought my 950 from AT&T. I use Office 365 and Outlook SMS calendar notifications (via Exchange) which are sent via carrier email to text.

On my Icon w/ a Verizon account, each notification nested within a single contact or send SMS number (was always "6245"). However, with AT&T I am getting each notification from a distinct number, such as "1 (410) 100-030," "1 (410) 100-031," "1 (410) 100-032," etc., and as per the attached (these messages are from RedOxgyen Outlook SMS that works the same as calendar notifications). It renders the calendar and other Outlook SMS functions useless, as it overwhelms my SMS inbox.

Hoping someone knows how to help me manage this. Tks!

wp_ss_20151201_0001.jpg

Michael Bromley

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
So AT&T tech supports says this is how their system works, so every cellnumber@att.net sms loads on phones as a unique messaging thread. . They couldn't explain to me how or why Verizon managed to create single threads on cellnumber@vtext.com (Verizon email to SMS), only to say that "only one other person" has ever asked about this. Wow.

There only solution is AT&T Business messaging, which I will look into. Would hate to have to turn back in my 950, but if they can't resolve my SMS needs, looks like I'm back on Verizon... Ugh.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Same happens on T-Mobile - I think Verizon was unique in this feature. I can't think of a solution, other than setting up another e-mail account and using a different e-mail app to receive those e-mails on your phone. You can then set notifications for that app so when incoming e-mails it it (push) you're alerted.

Out of curiosity, you said it's for Calendar notifications. Are you not getting your calendar alerts for meetings on your phone already?

Michael Bromley

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your suggestion! Unfortunately I need it via SMS to my phone since it's integrated with an Outlook addon bulk SMS system we use for my business from RedOxygen. As for the calendar notifications, I just got used to having the double notifications, and I learned to delay them at different times, so one 1 hr another .5 day... sounds stupid but I got used to it.

AT&T has a Business Messaging service that they say can resolve this for me. Unfortunately they just provide the platform and not the service itself, so I'll have to pay a developer. The tech I spoke w/ says it's probably the same thing RedOxygen does, which they've merely repackaged as a stand alone product.

The other thing AT&T told me is that they are deprecating the cell@att.net service and will eventually replace it with a system they're testing called "advanced messaging."

I appreciate your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos