Unlocked my AT&T phone..

GregCra

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi - I bought my phone from the AT&T store and paid the full price (not on contract). I then contacted AT&T and asked for them to manually input an unlock request (because I was within the 14 day period I could return it)... they first asked to see the receipt that said I paid full price..but they input the request without it once I said I had lost it. 2 Days later they sent me the code and windows 8.1 instructions on how to unlock. The instructions would not work as they said to use AT&TallAccess software which windows 10 does not seem to have and also I needed a non-AT&T sim which I don't have. Instead I input on the dial pad: ##7820# and up came the unlock screen. I input the code and all was well. This is stated elsewhere on the site.... but thought i'd put it here too. Credit goes to: troylytle
Greg

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, their unlock instructions are almost 100% useless for Windows Phones.... I always kept a tmobile sim around for that reason, but I am on contract, and won't be able to get an unlock code till next year (per terms of the contract with my employer)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans