Skype Conctacs Syncing Question

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
When I was using Insider Preview, Messaging+Skype was working fairly good. I was able to send skype messages get skype messages, but most importantly I was able to see if my contact is also in my Skype account or not. Now with my 950XL although many people are also my Skype friends I cannot see Skype option in their regular SMS threads, a different thread with different name pops up when they send a message, but I cannot link that contact name with their "REAL CONTACT CARD". It is really weird that a feature works better on a Beta version than the RTM version on the Flagship phone... Anyone knows how to fix this? Sync skype contacts with regular phone contacts or link them together?

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here with me initially. I didnt have the option to Skype with a contact from the messaging hub. Although, it showed that the Skype contact was associated with the proper contact (where it reads Outlook, Google, etc.). I had to open the regular Skype app, let it fully load all of my contacts. Then sign out of Skype through the messaging app, then sign back in. Then bad to unlink outlook profiles for the contact and relink them. Looks like that got it working.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Go into the Skype Video app, and try adding a contact you already know is on your Skype contact list. When you search for one, they'll pop up, you tap on them, and it'll ask you to send them an invite, send it, but what it really does is simply add them immediately since they are on your contact list.

Once I did that, all my other Skype contacts started appearing a minute or two later. Maybe it gave Skype a little kick in the butt or something?

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. But this shouldn't be the experience for a flagship phone. It's not that I don't like it or I'll change it, but yeah typical Microsoft... 😀

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro