Why am I unable to make or receive calls?

Kartikeya_Trivedi

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
No one able to call me and i also not able to call anyone

I have recently purchased Lumia 640 XL and I'm facing lots of problems with it. One of the biggest problem is related to calling. Many a times no one is able to call me even thought it shows full network coverage and at that time I am also not able to call any one and phone gets hanged So I have to hard restart the phone and after restart sometime it gets start to work properly.Other problem is, music app also gets hanged. I went to Nokia care and service man said it's a software problem so he did software update as a solution but problems are still there.

As per your serviceman, it could be a problem with network provider, but never faced this issue when I was using Lumia 535 and Lumia 525 with same SIM card, same network provider. Just to make a double check, I used the same SIM in one of the other handsets but it was working fine with the other one. So it is the problem with Lumia 640 XL only

Please take a look into this and get this resolved so that I can have smooth experience with Lumia 640 XL also.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: No one able to call me and i also not able to call anyone

Please take a look into this and get this resolved so that I can have smooth experience with Lumia 640 XL also.

First of all, sorry to hear you have problems with your 640XL. Second though, this place is not a service center that fixes your phone. You may get suggestions.

Here is my hypothesis. It could be a) the SIM slot in the phone, or b) how it interacts with the SIM. For b) It could very well be provider related and your assumption that it MUST be the 640XL may not be true. Have you called your provider yet? The provider may ask you for the IMEI to add to the line to enable 4G for example (I do not know whether your older phones were on different bands). Also, do you have dual SIM or single? If you have dual SIM did you try the other slot?

For a) some people in this forum reported issues with the SIM card reader not working correctly.

If you recently purchased the phone it is still under warranty and you should be able to
1) go to the store you obtained the phone and get a replacement and try right there whether your SIM works with another 640XL
2) contact the seller to get a replacement

good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett