Switching to 950 XL

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have finally ordered my new 950 XL. Currently I am carrying Galaxy S6 on ATT. When I get the phone what's a procedure to switch to it? Just move a sim card from S6 to the new Lumia?

Thanks

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
First of all welcome on board. :D I'm not sure yet if you'll actually like what you're going to receive, but we'll see.
The initial step will of course be putting the SIM from your Galaxy S6 over into the 950XL. When you then fire up the phone for the first time, you'll be guided through a couple of installation steps. One of these will suggest you to login with a Microsoft account. If you don't have one already, I suggest you create one now. So you're ready to go when the device is finally delivered.
From there on you can add email accounts, scoure the store to find some apps you might want to install and set up the device as you see fit.
A warning though, coming from Android you'll be missing quite a lot of apps.

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
First of all welcome on board. :D I'm not sure yet if you'll actually like what you're going to receive, but we'll see.
The initial step will of course be putting the SIM from your Galaxy S6 over into the 950XL. When you then fire up the phone for the first time, you'll be guided through a couple of installation steps. One of these will suggest you to login with a Microsoft account. If you don't have one already, I suggest you create one now. So you're ready to go when the device is finally delivered.
From there on you can add email accounts, scoure the store to find some apps you might want to install and set up the device as you see fit.
A warning though, coming from Android you'll be missing quite a lot of apps.

I am not sure if you hate Windows or not :)) why do you think he will not be happy ? :)) I am also coming from an Android device and my initial thoughts are :

- Not bad
- Could be better
- I can live with it
- Something is faster in Windows :)
- Something is faster in Android.

:))

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if you hate Windows or not :)) why do you think he will not be happy ? :)) I am also coming from an Android device and my initial thoughts are :

- Not bad
- Could be better
- I can live with it
- Something is faster in Windows :)
- Something is faster in Android.

:))

No hate at all. I've been a long time Windows, Windows Mobile and Windows Phone user. And I'm due to receive a 950XL either today or tomorrow. It's just that I've witnessed many people coming to WP/WM who were previously using iOS or Android devices. While most of them liked the UI of the OS overall, they sooner or later started complaining about missing apps. Which is a fact and not just imagination. This could be changing, especially with the universal app approach, but that has yet to be seen. We've been promised to see the app situation improved for over 5 years now. ;)
And furthermore, the 950XL and 950 appear to need firmware updates to iron out some major kinks a lot of users are experiencing. Not to mention that WM10 is still very buggy and far from being a final product. Hence my slight doubt about whether OP will like it or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99