Outlook Mail on 950 XL doesn't show images, why?

jamrock60

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I did a hard reset and it worked. HTML formatting not perfect for some emails. Hopefully new update will help. I migrated from Lumia 1020 (8.1). I wonder if the transfer from backup is the culprit.
No its not the culprit. the temp directory that images for email is download was not build on some phones that is why when you do a hard reset it works. I think the imaging process that was used to image so phone had some problems. I think the insider build dropping next week should fix the problem. If not I will just hard reset after the update.

ferretzombie

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Outlook Mail on 950 XL doesn't show images

I did a hard reset and it worked. HTML formatting not perfect for some emails. Hopefully new update will help. I migrated from Lumia 1020 (8.1). I wonder if the transfer from backup is the culprit.

Its not from a backup. My 950xl was completely fresh and still has the issue.

Jon_Rubinstein

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site

This absurd.....almost 2016 and MS cant figure out something it has been done properly for 8 yrs!!!!!!! This is a joke.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site

A hard reset fixed it for me, I restore as new, text messages backed up@jon, do a hard reset and stop being so dramatic

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Simple answer, the outlook app is a buggy mess. I'm not about to reset my device to maybe fix the problem. It's a bug in the app. I'm amazed how bad the email has been on the windows 8 side and with the new universal app. I miss the baked in mail that wp8 provided, it just worked.

Where are the actionable notifications for email???? MS can't even showcase their own products properly

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
just noitced i had this problem and came on here to find a solution. hmm not sure i want to hard reset having just spent a day getting it all set up how i like it.

ferretzombie

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
just noitced i had this problem and came on here to find a solution. hmm not sure i want to hard reset having just spent a day getting it all set up how i like it.

I'm going to wait till next week to see if MS willl be fixing it with the new insider build. If its still there after that, then I'm going to reset.

Jon_Rubinstein

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
A hard reset fixed it for me, I restore as new, text messages backed up@jon, do a hard reset and stop being so dramatic
Stop apologizing for MS. I have been the biggest supporter of MS. But don't come in here in a public forum and tell me to stop being dramatic. Stop being a ****** and call it like it is. It is simple issue that could have been fixed BEFORE releasing this pos email client to their so called "fans"

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Stop apologizing for MS. I have been the biggest supporter of MS. But don't come in here in a public forum and tell me to stop being dramatic. Stop being a ****** and call it like it is. It is simple issue that could have been fixed BEFORE releasing this pos email client to their so called "fans"

You could just do a reset on your phone, it fixes the issue, I am no ****** and it sucks that some people just like to complain. If you reset your device it fixed the issue. Not a big deal.

I am telling you to stop being so dramatic, you have been one of the biggest supporters yet call others fanboys which you trying to insult when you just make yourself look silly.

Dileep Punnoose

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Yes, just restore the phone to factory settings and do not restore from backup. It fixed my images not displayed issue. (I tried the outlook account options setting, which did not take care of the issue till I restored to factory settings).

BBJonbo

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site

The explanation of a missing directory makes sense. I have had many MS apps fail on my desktop for the same reasons. I did a hard reset and for me it fixed the problem. On a side note, I was very disappointed how much is not saved in a backup. I couldn't believe how many settings were lost. Also all of my offline maps stored on SD. And I chose not to wipe out my SD so very disappointed.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yea I just bit and did the hard reset which seemed to improve things but still not great. So slow to get the message after clicking the "download message and pictures" link and after when doing that, sometimes images don't show.

There should have been a faster fix for this.

Steve_Hun

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
After quite some consideration, did the hard reset and it worked. Just to make the setup as easy as possible, created a new back-up and restored it from that one, instead of the previous L1020 (WP8.1). Now it is all fine, but finding it a bit ridiculous, that I had to hard reset a brand new phone...

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I have been following these threads for awhile now since I don't want to do a ahrd reset.
I setup my 950xl from scratch (no restore) as I was not a Windows Mobile user previously but I still have this issue.
and to jamrock60's post... I have not received any updates for outlook since initial setup 2 weeks ago.

TankWart

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I have been following these threads for awhile now since I don't want to do a ahrd reset.
I setup my 950xl from scratch (no restore) as I was not a Windows Mobile user previously but I still have this issue.
and to jamrock60's post... I have not received any updates for outlook since initial setup 2 weeks ago.
you may sign in to fast ring updates in the insider app to get it

scionluna

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site

Double check the Windows Store. There is an update to the Mail app that was released yesterday that fixes the issue of images not being displayed in emails.

jamrock60

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Go into the store click on download and update hit the check now button. This update was pushed out late yesterday it fix the weekly view on calender and the image problem. You also have to set your phone do download the images

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte