Tempered glass screen protector issue

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone had issues with tempered glass screen protectors on the Lumia 950? I purchased the iCarez brand and it went on easily and looked perfect for a couple of days. Now the top left corner is lifting up. I contacted support and they sent me a new one. Same thing. Went on perfect and then started separating a few days later.

Is this an issue with the screen protector or is it possible the phone's screen is warped somehow?

I had an HTC One for Windows that was warped so that's apparently something that could happen... Same set of circumstances except the store couldn't get it to lay flat on the second try.

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have a brand that has successfully worked on the 950?

Mr Shield For Microsoft Lumia 950 [Tempered Glass] screen protector [0.3mm Ultra Thin 9H Hardness 2.5D Round Edge] with Lifetime Replacement Warranty bought off of Amazon. Has worked perfectly.

Nubwy

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I just recently purchased the Mr.Shield tempered glass protector. It's doing the same thing after about 3 days. Same corner. Has anyone used a tempered glass protector for more than a week with no corners coming up?

Whichever one that's available at an AT&T Box Store here in the us, it's worked since November 22nd, flawlessly. No corners coming up or defects. It's been dropped a few times; not a scratch. Shouldn't be too hard since my store at least didn't have any other brand. I suspect it'll be the similar result where you are all at.

UPDATE: It's BodyGuardz brand.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried a tempered glass protector and did not like it. Picked up smudges and fingerprints to easily and always looked smeared because of that. I went with a silicon bases gell like protector and that is much better all around.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
My only issue with my tempered glass cover (the Bodyguardz brand that they sell at the AT&T Store) is that sometimes it takes a bit for me to unlock the phone because it doesn't register my finger/thumb swipe to bring up the keypad for my pin...

Other than that, the tempered glass cover is doing its job the way it's supposed to.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
When I purchased my 950 at AT&T I also purchased the Bodyguardz SceenGuardz Pure. The AT&T salesperson put it on my phone. It has been on for just over 2 weeks, and I have not had any problems at all.

Same here, a couple days over a month and no lifting. Att rep installed as well.

Brandon Sobotta

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Whichever one that's available at an AT&T Box Store here in the us, it's worked since November 22nd, flawlessly. No corners coming up or defects. It's been dropped a few times; not a scratch. Shouldn't be too hard since my store at least didn't have any other brand. I suspect it'll be the similar result where you are all at.

UPDATE: It's BodyGuardz brand.

I am going to pick one of these up next Friday. I put my first scratch on my screen yesterday and it is driving me nuts!

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
When I purchased my 950 at AT&T I also purchased the Bodyguardz SceenGuardz Pure. The AT&T salesperson put it on my phone. It has been on for just over 2 weeks, and I have not had any problems at all.

I purchased the same protector when I picked up my 950 on Sunday. They put it on for me at the store. It looks great and hasn't peeled anywhere, but the responsiveness to my touch has been severely affected. I have to tap things multiple times for it to even register. I'm wondering if ATT will let me return it for a refund. 35 bucks and I'm pulling my hair out trying to use my phone.

Jopl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I bought an icarez tempered glass one from amazon. I used it for a few days and dropped my phone, the tempered glass cracked. They sent me a replacement and I have had it on since the beginning of December, no problems. I will say that the touch sensitivity has decreased slightly with it on, but I am pretty used to it at this point and would rather deal with it than having a scratched screen (which would drive me bonkers). Also... touch sensitivity isn't a big deal when compared to the other issues with the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa