Tempered glass screen protector issue

Dolemike

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had issues with tempered glass screen protectors on the Lumia 950? I purchased the iCarez brand and it went on easily and looked perfect for a couple of days. Now the top left corner is lifting up. I contacted support and they sent me a new one. Same thing. Went on perfect and then started separating a few days later.

Is this an issue with the screen protector or is it possible the phone's screen is warped somehow?

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I'd hazard a guess that these may be produced in China. Despite pretty packaging, 99% of the time that's where they come from. Or, could you be holding the protector with a finger in that corner when applying. I always get my thumb in the way and over a day or two the oil residue lifts a corner. Also, as these have appeared already, maybe the measurements etc were taken from a dummy device, or as I have seen, from a picture!!

I would hope it isn't a defect in an expensive device!

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
it could also just be a crap manufacturer? The iCarez site still has a Father's Day Sale ad up! They either didn't care to take it down or are VERY early for next year.

Dolemike

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I took the screen protector off and rotated it 180 degrees to see if the top left corner would stick. It did, but the bottom right (the original top-left corner) didn't. I'm wondering if it's possible that tempered glass is warping and if so, why? Heat, cold?

Dolemike

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I just recently purchased the Mr.Shield tempered glass protector. It's doing the same thing after about 3 days. Same corner. Has anyone used a tempered glass protector for more than a week with no corners coming up?

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I just recently purchased the Mr.Shield tempered glass protector. It's doing the same thing after about 3 days. Same corner. Has anyone used a tempered glass protector for more than a week with no corners coming up?

I'm using one from Incipio that they're selling at the MS Store. It's working just as it should, no peeling.

Last edited:

imstymied

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the Mr. Shield on my 950 and it did the same on the left upper corner. I have the same issue on the 640's we use for our drivers. My sons 640XL also does it as well. It doesn't seem to get worse over time so I have left them.

Blashkyrk

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I was waiting for the Danish Panzerglass (Home - Panzerglass) to arrive so I went down to a store in town and found another brand (Panzer Tempered Glass Screenprotector Microsoft Lumia 950 | Panzer?) with a suspiciously similar looking name. Bought it anyways and been using it since day one (~4 weeks).
It has worked flawlessly. The oleophobic coating is really nice as well. No problems with the touch functions.
Made really sure that the surface was clean and dry. Then just applied it as the manual said.
It does not cover the glass completely. There is as small margin like .5mm or something.

dashrendar

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Using TruShield Tempered Glass Protector here.

It's been only 2 days though, but no raised corners yet. Once corner has a tiny bubble, but I think because of a tiny dust spec and I'm sick and tired of pulling it up and getting more dust on there.

I also like that it doesn't cover any of the sensors except the Iris camera. It didn't affect its functionality at all.

Touch works great on the screen whether it's held in my hand or placed on the table.

Last edited:

Davey123

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
When I purchased my 950 at AT&T I also purchased the Bodyguardz SceenGuardz Pure. The AT&T salesperson put it on my phone. It has been on for just over 2 weeks, and I have not had any problems at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion