Who Else is Seeing Incredibly Low Battery Consumption?

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I hope you're correct about the background apps. Otherwise, I can see this becoming a massive problem for W10M on lower spec handsets. We always talk (joke) about task managers to close apps and memory managers in Android being the most important part of the phone, if W10M was to lose this advantage, the platform may as well be dead in general lol.

Don't hope, I am correct :) . I can point you to technical documentation about it.
As an user you should only be aware of this:
-closing an app from taskview does not close its background processing (if any), it just clears the app "state". It is only useful if an app has some misbehavior and you want to try and reset its state without rebooting your phone.
-if an app has background processing you can only disable it via the battery saver section of the phone (the app might not work correctly if it depends on the background tasks you disabled).

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Just to update, now running on 4G for a couple of weeks (but the 4G signal locally is really good) and still seeing the same level of battery consumption. Been using Deezer a lot lately and usage it's the same as MixRadio. When the phone idle with a little bit of use, plus glance screen always on, it's using 2-3% per hour, with Deezer/MixRadio running (streaming over 4G) and transmitting over Bluetooth, plus glance screen always on, it's using 5-6% per hour! Basically, I don't even worry about battery now. Paired with quick-charge, I've never ran out, ever!!

Tiercel

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I am having very good performance as the OP as well. Also, mine is the AT&T 950 version that many have indicated has poor performance, but that is not what is happening with me. Indeed, it seems to be improving with time, and recharges within 3 to 4 hours. I do use the glance screen and have a few live tiles running as well. Very happy with the phone so far.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd say battery life is pretty good for me. Although, it wasn't bad even before I did a factory reset. I do admit that it's nice to no longer have the inexplicable battery drain I got occasionally with my old 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb